Now that the car is paid for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the car is paid for...

I've been thinking of doing some mods I've always wanted to do so here is my list. What do y'all think?

New power steering pump . My pump has been whining more lately and rather than just replacement, I'd like to do something that would be an improvement adn elinminate the need of an additional ps cooler.

New rear end. I am thinking of either the Dana 60 as it is as strong as the 9 inch as has a better internal pinion angle and as a result, less parasidic drive line loss. Better to overbuild a setup than break . Or a stange 12-bolt. Either one I choose, after purchase, I plan to have a competent rear end mech take apart and put back together the rear I chose, (aslo it will have a true trac diff) bas to prevent any whining as it seems that overly-tightend bushings, assembly-line conditions, and etc, are the main cause of a rear's whine, despite it being put together at strange or whomever...

Delete the PCV system. I burn oil like a chinese fast food restaurant upon decel. I've taked with other LS1 owner with catch cans and the catch cans still did not stop the oil being sucked into the intake. This involves removing he pcv tubing, installing vacuum plugs, and installing those little K&N breathers, 1 for passenger and 1 for drivers' side. The down side is I'll be venting the fumes and it might be more smelly, but it will stop any chance of oil being sucked into my intake ever again.

I was going to do LT's but I want to hold off anything dealing with exhaust or engine until the very last besides I'm going to need new shoes next season (my firehawks are over 5 years old now). and I'm not too convinced that my oil will stop burning as I might have ring issues (which can only be determined once I eliminate the pcv system as a factor) thus making any engine mod pointless .

Figure I'd focus on the bread and butter mods before the pwer upgrades
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info
Working...
X