Got a DD! (Big Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a DD! (Big Pics)

Finally. Something to keep all the routine miles driving to work and back off the 'Bird. It's a strange car. I bought it from the original owner, who purchased it new in Canada, where they still sold Sunfires in 4-dr version in the 2005 model year. So everything is in metric (haha). It's an American car, made in Mexico, sold in Canada, and brought to the U.S. Oh, and it has zero options (things to break - not even A/C - Canada, eh?).

It's also a 5-spd.

I bought it last Saturday with 92 000 km (~57,000 mi) for $3450. Everything works great. I drove it all week, filled up the tank (still had over 1/4) and averaged 31 MPG. I just changed the oil over to M1, new oil and air filters, checked/topped off fluids, lubed latches, and cleaned the engine bay. It's a good way to start off.

It's actually pretty fun to drive, though not quite a (Pontiac) Vibe. The engine likes to rev, though it's a very noisey engine and no 8700-RPM redline on this one. Overall the fit is very cheap but it does the job. It's somewhat funky bug-eyed front facia has grown on me too.

Now the 'Bird is nesting, and I'll have a lot more time to do my own work on it - more fun F-body projects to come :-)

Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
    2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed
Working...
X