Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking of swaping my six speed for an auto.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of swaping my six speed for an auto.

i have a 1993 trans am. when i bought the car 5 years ago, third gear sliped out of gear somtimes. so i pulled the trans out and had it rebuilt by a reputible trans shop. i did not reserch it very much and it cost me 2100.00$ to have it done. because of money proplems it took me almost a year to get that fixed. as soon as i got the trans put back in the car i went a half a mile down the road and i heard a tick coming from the motor. it ended up being a spun bearing. i then paid someone to build me another motor, after i paid him in full to do so he filed for bankrupsy.
    i have finaly got a new motor that makes alot of power. this whole proces has been 3 years in the making. while the motor was being built i bought a new fidanza aluminum fly wheel and a centerforce clutch. the entire setup only has 400 miles on it. i only used it to break in the motor which is still not properly tuned. if i take it over 4500 rpms it backfires ( so it has not been abused in any way).
    If i whould have known what i was getting into i whould have built an automatic trans from the start. So anyone interested in a trade please cotact me. The trans is still in my car and it is curently on jackstands, so u can run it through the gears. it would also come with a b&m short throw shifter. the shifter is not curently on the trans (i heard that a new trans should be broke with the stock shifter) but i will include it in with the trade.
    I would also like to say that the trans only had 35,000 miles on it when i had it rebuilt. And when i say rebuilt i mean every syncro and bearing, gear and both input shaft and output shaft was replaced. i would like the car to be set up exactly the way i want before i have it dyno tuned. i live in Clinton Twp MI.
Working...
X