• Show
Clear All

• About my weekend[Triple Crown]

TimeLord
    Help!! Help!! I'm being repressed!!
    Member # 30

posted August 18, 2003 03:25 PM

Didn't win but had a wonderfull day,,,,,,

169 cars registered in the class 7.50/12.99 for the Triple crown.

They had a first run buyback[get back into it] which everyone took advantage of so it was like a 340 car field.

The place was packed[hadn't seen that many cars in 15 years{besides Grandnational}]and both sides of the stands were 3/4 + full 7K people.

Sunny now and then so that played heavily on dial ins later on.

First run draw a 57 NOMAD that runs low 9.s,they have a two car team [57 chevy sedan] full caged cars 60K+ each with a double decker transporter and pit crews and all.
    BLEW HIM AWAY with a holeshot and he broke out.

Second run draw a 8.6s 68 Nova[delay box/crossover] the whole 9 yards,blow him away on a holeshot also.He didn't run his time.

Third run draw a Super Pro Road Runner,he was way behind[horrible light] braked and won easely.The times showed it was slowing down due to heat.

Fourth run draw a roadster[8.3s] close race,nearly identical lights but he broke out more that I did[the changing weather I spoke of].

Fifth run draw a Dragster that runs 8.4s and get to the other end and he wasn't there so tapped the brakes and broke out by .001[ 1/1000th of a second]

I showed a lot of people that the slowest car can run with the best and richest,,,,,

I am very proud of my day and can't wait til the last leg of the Triple Crown because I can win it as easely as anyone else.

Got a check and a nice medal,my wife talked to the dragster driver and he was sure I had him,he couldn't believe I run my times so close with a manual and have the guts to brake against a dragster[50 mph diff at the end].

I got many congrats from the competitors and the fans.The M6 blows them away !!!!

Hee Hee Hee !!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.
Working...
X