Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 to 93 header a.i.r tube mods

Hey guys. Thought I'd share this info so if anyone else ran into this issue
    this is a easy fix. What i ran into was my new pacesetter headers came with the A.I.R tube on the front header tube and mine is on the back tube.
    I called the guy i bought them from and the 94 is as far as they go back with all the emission hook ups. I know some of the higher end headers have the tube in the correct place but i didn't have the coin to dish out for them. Well onto the fix. I found that NAPA makes a repair kit for the air tube on cats. It's part #35574 and two are required to extend the tube to the front. The kit comes with 1/2" tubing about 8" long, four clamps and piece of special high heat hose. I had to cut the factory tube just after the bend in the middle of the straight section with a tubing cutter. This allows you to use the male end in the header tube. Then i bent the first piece of tubing with a 45 at one end. The tubing was just smaller than the factory piece. I slid mine in the tubing installed the outer high heat hose and clamps. Then the next piece was bent at 45 with a slight 20 degree bent at the other end and i slid the hose over both sides and installed the clamps and that was it. It allows the butt joints to be no further and an 1" apart but i mated mine in the facotory tubes and tight in the middle. I had enough hose left over to cut in half and protected the wiring harness running to the passenger side fender. The only draw back is looking at the clamps but they can be hidden some what. I passed up alot of used headers due to the tube location on ebay. I also sanded the paint off of the dip stick tube where it goes in the pan and greased it slightly and it went back in easy. Oh these kits are $33.00 a piece and are called a universal air tube kit. Hope this may help someone.
Working...
X