VATS Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VATS Question

First, let me say that I New to the forum and i have a question about the VATS system:

83 Camaro Z/28 body
    87 IROC 5.0l TPI converted from MAF to Speed Density
    Aftermarket TPI Wiring Harness
    ECM #122773
    MEM-CAL (EPROM) 16163139

I picked up an uncompleted project car, which I am working on and hope to finish. The car is an 83 Camaro Z/28 with an 87 IROC 5.0l TPI engine. The previous owner updated the TPI engine to the 90 – 92 Speed Density from the previous MAF system.

I have no VATS module, there is no wiring for the VATS coming off the 83 steering column and there is no wiring going to the cylinder locks for VATS. On the aftermarket harness there is no wiring associated with the VATS - GE10 according to the ECM pin out diagram I have for the 122773 ECM.

Question is would I need to have the VATS deactivated on the MEM-CAL?

Presently, the MEM-Cal cannot receive a signal since no VATS associated components exist, nor due to no wiring can the MEM-Cal send out a VATS signal.

I am wondering since there are no associated components or wiring if the VATS is even a factor. However, I want to be sure before I plug in a $210.00 MEM-CAL into the ECM and try to start the engine.

Anyone with any knowledge about this and willing to provide some help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for your time
Working...
X