nfb: Fla. wd sanctuary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: Fla. wd sanctuary

here's an email i got from on of my sanctuaries covered under Wolfdog Rescue Resources. they got hit pretty hard.... gives you an idea of the trouble down there. anyone that feels like doing some volunteer work down there, dont hesitate to contact her:

Hey Everyone,
    Everyone at Lost Wolf Rescue is ok. Trees down, but structurally the house seems fine. But contrary to news reports as of this hour.........we still have ALOT OF WIND and RAIN.....so we've not ventured outside to assess the damage. We can see that a tree fell on the main Wolf Enclosure....the tree has the top rail V'd ......but Sandy's idea of welding the top rail>>>>PAID OFF ! The welds seem to be holding the weioght of the tree! So Cheyanne & Moon are still "contained in the 2500 sq. ft. enclosure. We loaded the kennel house with oak palates and our extra bags of concrete.....and used the plywood (we had brought back from the barn in Tx.) to close in the pole barn & kennel for the horses & Moon & Cheyanne. So everyone had a secure place to go to get out of the weather.
    I spoke to Melissa, in Brooksville, Sun.....Sandy had fixed her generator....but she lost power on Friday. Today, I can't reach her by cell phone. Don't know if she just has no battery or signal ! BUT SHE'S IN A DBL WIDE MOBILE ON TOP OF A HILL. As of Sat. nite : a tree had taken out one side of the F1-F2 Enclosure.......but Fla. Fish & Wildlife came and helped her & Joe put up a 6 ft. C/L fence over the open area......to insure Jesse & Haya were contained. The enclosure that holds our JA Boys ( Bear & Moon II) was still intact. But she took some kind of a lightening hit that fried her P/C at her house. She did not know (as of Sat.) about her P/C's at the Melissa.com office in Brooksville.
    Officials are telling us not to remove the plywood from windows etc.......because Hurricane Ivan may well be coming at us in the next 5 days! Sandy has a huge generator from when he was in Hurricane Andrew....and he & Mike went and bought 100 gal. of gas after Hurricane Charley. They say with the gas they can keep our power on for 2+ wks! SO ALL IN ALL WE GOT LUCKY>>>> could have been much worse if Frances had stayed a CAT.4 !!! ALL we can do is pray that Ivan doesn't decide to follow France's path. BECAUSE AFTER WHAT WE JUST WITNESSED I KNOW WE CAN'T WITHSTAND A CAT. 4 .......even if it isn't a direct hit. If Ivan comes anywhere near here.......we are going to be in DEEP Sh!T!
    On the positive side : Waya, Mohician, Precious, & Solo really enjoyed the opportunity to come in the house, with Asia, Jack & Mikey (domestic dogs)......so Sandy & I had our hands full keeping the Woofer's out of mischief in the house. But after 2 days >>>we put all of them out in the back porch enclosure this morning. It's really more fun than you're suppose to have (with your clothes on) TRYING TO KEEP TRACK OF 4 WOOFER'S & 3 DOGS IN THE HOUSE FOR 2 DAYS!
    We will stay in touch as best we can. We have enough dog food for 3 wks.....but as most of you know........LWR finances are nil, as we sent the IRS our last $500 last wk. with our 501(c) (3) application for advance determination of Non-Profit Org. Status. Anyone with contacts in the corporate world.......PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SOLICIT FOR CORPORATE AND PERSONAL DONATIONS FOR LOST WOLF RESCUE. We do need all the help we can get!

Shelley Johnson, RN / President & Treasurer
    Lost Wolf Rescue, Inc.
    10801 S.E. 146th Terrace Rd.
    Ocklawaha, Florida 32179
    (352) 288-3373 office (352) 288-2118 fax (352) 804-7641 cell
    Southernbelle8s@aol.com
    Lostwolfrescueinc.org

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.
Working...
X