NFB: Helping a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Helping a friend

I just got done working on a friend's 92 Mitsubishi Diamante LS and man I'm glad I buy American. I did a tune up on it and, while it starts easier, it still runs like crap. I'm befuddled. It starts fine and stays running fine when you put it in gear and move it slowly. But, once you start driving on the city streets, you can't come to a stop or it will die, even in neutral. If you let it sit for a little bit afterwards, it would be fine again. Here's the wierd thing...before Craig and I did the plugs and plug wires, the thing wouldn't even stay started. But, if you put the parking lamps on, it would stay running fine, just would take a while to build idle back up if you rev the engine at all. I'm thinking its a major electrical problem and would best be left in the hands of a good electrician or being donated for a tax write-off. Any ideas guys? I know this isn't exactly the right forum for this, but any help will be much appreciated. Take care and have a great rest of the weekend everyone.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez
Working...
X