cracked dust boots on outer tie rod ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked dust boots on outer tie rod ends

I was detailing the inner wheel wells the other day and noticed that both the outer tie rod ends had big cracks in their rubber dust boots. I replaced them tonite with new tie rod ends complete with grease fittings and new dust boots. I was very careful to use the set-nut as a guage to install the new ones on in the exact same position as the old ones. A test drive revealed perfect allignment. I'm pretty happy because I was afraid it would need to be realligned after I messed with it.

it was a cheap project at $11.00 each x 2

I used a wire wheel on a high speed drill to get all the rust off the brake rotors while I was at it. It looks almost new in there now.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids
Working...
X