X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh... this looks like a Firebird!

Here is an article on CNN I just saw.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/24/ice....ap/index.html

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Definitely looks to be a Firebird. Probably was racing a ricer. Too bad the Bird had to eat it. Hope the people injured are okay.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

A perfect example of why street racing is stupid. I bet the guy in that bird never thought when he hit the gas that he'd end up injuring five people with it. And assuming it's his own car, what's the point of running afterwards? They're just going to track you down from the registration and then you've got more charges on your hands. Stupid. Glad no one was killed.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

nope...it's a Camaro. You can see the body is flat and it has those lines that run across the body. Rims gives it away too...the side mirrors lines up with the fender too...I can't see the rear well, it looks intergrated with the rear fenders too...so, yeah, I call it a Camaro.

idiots...the idiots behind the wheels that is.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Oh its a Camaro... Whew!!! thats a relief!

j/k

Glad no one was killed.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            nope...it's a Camaro. You can see the body is flat and it has those lines that run across the body. Rims gives it away too...the side mirrors lines up with the fender too...I can't see the rear well, it looks intergrated with the rear fenders too...so, yeah, I call it a Camaro.

idiots...the idiots behind the wheels that is.
            Ya beat me to it. The seats gave it away for me. The firebirds have that headrest. Camaro's don't. Front bumper gives it away too, but the seats jumped right out at me.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

It's a Camaro and from the pictures I saw on ours news I think its just a V6. Gastonia is a suburb of Charlotte so that story had top billing last night. People will never learn it seems. I still don't think they have arrested anyone but when they get these drivers in custody I hope they throw the book at them!
              2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Go to this page and scroll down to the videos.

http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html

Comment

It takes a real genius to race in those conditions. These idiots should never(!!!) have the privilege of a drivers license again...period. I just don't understand why people feel the need to race or speed in residential or commercial areas with pedestrians and motorists everywhere. Another dumb teenage girl just died here in the Denver area after going 3x the speed limit in a residential area. Are people really this stupid???
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ive stopped at that DQ before. Gastonia is on the way to my dad's lake house.........

that really suks........

innocent folks get injured or worse because of idiots...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

After studying it much closer, it is a Camaro... my bad.

Just another mangled example why street racing is stupid.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Here is the story as published in the Charlotte Observer:

GASTONIA - A drag-racing car plowed into a crowd of people in line for ice cream in downtown Gastonia on Monday night, throwing people as far as 20 feet and knocking some of them out of their shoes.

Five people were injured, at least one of them seriously.

As of early this morning, Gastonia police were still looking for the two drivers who had been racing down the popular main drag, Sgt. Jeff Clark said. The driver of the car that crashed outside the Dairy Queen ran from the scene. The other, a driver of a green Mitsubishi Eclipse, drove off.

The late model Chevrolet Camaro crashed at 9:22 p.m. in the parking lot of the Dairy Queen at East Franklin Boulevard and Church Street, according to Gaston County emergency dispatchers.

"It honestly sounded like a video game," said Ashley Bradshaw, 19, who works at the Dairy Queen but was next door on a bench outside Ink Link Tattoos when the wreck occurred.

"When he hit that telephone pole, I felt it."

The force of the wreck knocked down a utility pole, sending a power line across Franklin Street, said Tommy Cleary, a Gaston County Emergency Medical Services supervisor.

Witnesses described it as breaking like a toothpick.

The Camaro crashed into a parked Ford Explorer, injuring a woman in the driver's seat, Cleary said. It also plowed into four people standing in line.

Leigh Anne Bradley, a 19-year-old Dairy Queen employee, was serving customers when the car struck the group of people in front of her.

She said the car was speeding when it hit a power pole, spun around and hit four or five people. People lay on the curb screaming, including some children who screamed for their parents, she said.

Bradley said she and other employees put ice on victims' injuries and comforted them while they waited for paramedics.

Meanwhile, Bradshaw and two friends rushed into the parking lot and saw the blood. Carrie Morris, 23, of Chapel Grove said she ran back to the tattoo parlor, got protective gloves from the tattoo artists and ran back to the scene of the crash. She left the gloves at the scene for anyone helping the injured.

Morris said cars often race on the stretch, and on Monday night she could hear their engines roaring before the crash.

"They race a lot here, probably 50, 60 times a night," she said. "It's called light-to-light racing."

The wreck comes just days before police had planned to hold a community meeting to discuss speeding and cruising along Franklin Boulevard, Clark said.

"This is by far the worst thing we've had out here," he said.

Comment

On the evening news here in Charlotte tonight, they mentioned that they had arrested one of the drivers........A GIRL!

Comment

Must have been the one that wrecked. J/K.
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

The girl was driving the Eclipse........they showed pictures of it and it was totally riced out to the max including a huge wing on the back. They identified the Camaro driver and his picture plastered all over the screen but they haven't caught him yet. He was the one that lost control.

Comment

Working...
                              X