Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, Just when I thought I had everything handled.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, congrats on the great news regarding your Sister's health. I hope the prognosis keeps getting better. Second, you are a rare breed nowadays. Not many people would meet their Sister for the first time, take her in, and not only learn of her pregnancy of twins, but sound generally excited about it.

We need more people on this earth like you, Joe.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I wish you the best. Surprised you didn't beat the crap out of her ex. I don't go for hitting ladies
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
        I wish you the best. Surprised you didn't beat the crap out of her ex. I don't go for hitting ladies
        He's damn lucky I didn't hop a plane to New York.

I'm not into hitting ladies either.Thats' probably why I didn't fly up there and take care of business.

I'm glad that you guys don't think I am nuts, I feel compelled to lend a hand. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to deal with things, but I suppose I'll figure that out as I go along. Thanks for the support folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          He's damn lucky I didn't hop a plane to New York.

I'm not into hitting ladies either.Thats' probably why I didn't fly up there and take care of business.

I'm glad that you guys don't think I am nuts, I feel compelled to lend a hand. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to deal with things, but I suppose I'll figure that out as I go along. Thanks for the support folks!
          You'll be fine. You have a good head on your shoulders. Plus, the great thing about all this is you won't have to deal with things alone. You'll have family with you. Keep us posted and God Bless.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Be good for the kids im sure, and it will get her away from that a** hole.. what is it with beatin women? look after them all buddy! you can do it! best wishes to your sister ( good luck with the big c) she beat it once she can do it again!
            Twins on way, well it will keep you busy!
            Screaming Mad
            Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
            Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
            0-60 7.74
            1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Hey, Joe, I was looking through my subscribed posts and fumbled upon this one. Since it's Christmas time I feel compelled to ask how things are going?

Hope all is well.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
              Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
                Hey, Joe, I was looking through my subscribed posts and fumbled upon this one. Since it's Christmas time I feel compelled to ask how things are going?

Hope all is well.
                Well, I don't know what to say exactly. My sister is not doing well, the babies did not survive long after the premature birth. Her cancer has spread, she is now taking heavy chemotherapy, but the prognosis is not very bright. I'm saying my prayers and hoping for the best. She is supposed to come down within a few weeks, I'll know more then. Until that time, all I can do is pray and hope for the best. She doesn't deserve this, there has to be something bright in all this. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Well, I went through something similar about a year ago. My sister, who's older than me, had a baby with a rare blood disorder. They knew from about three months after conception that it's chances of survival were about 1/100. Even if he did survive, he would have had severe brain damage.

She carried the baby the next six months, consulting with a sister at our church. She truly believed that was god's plan for Richard Jr to take the quick path to salvation.

When the pastor gave his speech at the funeral he said things that made me more comfortable. For instance, Richard Jr. ws only alive for 36 minutes and then delivered into his graces. HE is the lucky one. We are always naturally selfish and wonder why this pain has occured in our lives, but we don't stop to think about the specific person. Richard Jr. lived only 36 hard minutes to earn his place with God. If you think of it that way maybe you can find some comfort in it.

As far as your sister, I can not understand what that must be like. You have to be a hell-of-a-strong individual to deal with cancer. It destroys the body like nothing else. My wifes father went through it about six years ago and she still has nightmares about it.

If it is in God's plan to take your sister then maybe we could think of her happily with her babies. Maybe that's God's plan.

The crappy thing is whatever his plan is, sometimes we are not meant to understand it.

Joe if your sister ever wants to talk about her babies I would be happy to exchange her address for your sisters. She now volunteers at church and through her living through it maybe she can help her some.

God bless you man, we feel for you.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
                  Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Joe,

You and your sister are in my prayers and hopefully 2006 will be a much brighter year for you all..

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

i know what you mean there has to be something good coming from all that

well just keep your chin up your a great guy from what i have seen on this forum.
                      1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Well, I don't know what to say exactly. My sister is not doing well, the babies did not survive long after the premature birth. Her cancer has spread, she is now taking heavy chemotherapy, but the prognosis is not very bright. I'm saying my prayers and hoping for the best. She is supposed to come down within a few weeks, I'll know more then. Until that time, all I can do is pray and hope for the best. She doesn't deserve this, there has to be something bright in all this. Thanks for asking.
                        Joe. my younger(27) sister is 27 weeks pregnant. This is her first child and she has had many complcations so far. She had to have her cervix essentially "laced up" with sutures because she has a strange condition called Placenta Previa which causes the baby to position itself too low in the womb and causing her cervix to become overly thin.

They have put her on indefinite bed rest until she delivers which can be anytime according to her doctor. They just want her to be able to make it to at least 30 weeks before attempting a delivery. They say at that point, the baby stands a much greater chance of survival, but of course there is still a significant risk. My Mom is about to pull her hair out. I'm praying everything goes well. I truly believe God tests those who he loves the most more so than others.

Comment

Joe, in this stressful time don't forget your nephew! This has to be rough on him. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 11 so I know exactly what he's going through. He's in an even rougher boat if he's got an absentee father or one he can't lean on for support. If your sister survives her cancer, and I pray she does, he'll still need the support of a fellow guy and father figure, a shoulder to on, or just someone to vent to. It hurts me like nothing else in this world to see children lose their parents, I know that pain all too well.

I hope everything works out for you and your sister. You've had a rough couple of years.
                          Dave M
                          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                            Joe. my younger(27) sister is 27 weeks pregnant. This is her first child and she has had many complcations so far. She had to have her cervix essentially "laced up" with sutures because she has a strange condition called Placenta Previa which causes the baby to position itself too low in the womb and causing her cervix to become overly thin.

They have put her on indefinite bed rest until she delivers which can be anytime according to her doctor. They just want her to be able to make it to at least 30 weeks before attempting a delivery. They say at that point, the baby stands a much greater chance of survival, but of course there is still a significant risk. My Mom is about to pull her hair out. I'm praying everything goes well. I truly believe God tests those who he loves the most more so than others.
                            Wow, this scenerio is exactly what my sister went through only they used a clamp. I cannot stress enough the concept of bedrest. My sister is very stubborn and didn't stay down and I think that ultimately was a contributing factor to how premature the babies were. The doctors seem to be telling your sister exactly the same thing. My prayers go out to you guys, this situation is a living hell.

Comment

I also want to take the time to give my heartfelt thanks for everyone's kind words. I've received quite a few PMs and e-mails from members of this forum who are sharing their support and prayers. You cannot imagine how much that support helps when you are at a time when it feels as though you are bearing the load of the world by yourself.

I've said this for many years. When I stumbled into this forum back in 97, I was impressed by how everyone presented themselves and how clean the forum was in coparison to many others. I was hooked then and never left. Then I was honored some time back with being given the responsibility of being a moderator. A few years later was blown away by being entrusted as an Admistrator. I can only hope that we continue the tradition of this forum in providing a unique experience to those that join and continue to make this place THE f-body forum of choice. This place has kept me sane for quite a few years now, I feel very fortunate to be among such a great group of people.

Comment

Wow, this scenerio is exactly what my sister went through only they used a clamp. I cannot stress enough the concept of bedrest. My sister is very stubborn and didn't stay down and I think that ultimately was a contributing factor to how premature the babies were. The doctors seem to be telling your sister exactly the same thing. My prayers go out to you guys, this situation is a living hell.
                                Yep, she is already going stir crazy having to sit in the house and she is wanting her husband and myself to take her for a ride or just get of the house somehow. I've told her I wouldn't because a bouncy ride in a car would be the worst thing for her. I know she is just trying to be overly optimistic about everything, but I am just trying to stress to her how important the "bed rest" actually is. She has been taking it easier the last few days which is good. Man, I pray that Casen (baby ) makes it out healthy. Regardless, her doctor told her the baby will have to stay in neonatal care for roughly 60 days just to make sure. $7500 a day!! She has good insurance though. It's just a wait an see game now.

Hang in there Joe, we don't have a choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X