my August 22nd message to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my August 22nd message to all

been holding off on this till now, heading up to eat and get ready for a few hrs of quiet untill hitting the hay for another work day.....

today, Aug 22, my son would have turned 29 years old.

He knew better, I would'nt let him ride in my car(s) until he fastened his seat belt. Never.

In April of 2004.....he was killed when his dodge ram pick up dropped a front tire into a ditch, he tried to correct but the right front a-arm broke, causing the truck to drop, dig, and go airborn on its side, hitting a tree head on. He was killed instantly. His girlfriend ended up under the dash, with multiple face and upper body injuries. She had major surgery to inlcude a new eye socket.

Neither were wearing seatbelts.

The trooper that did the investigation told me in person, had they been wearing them, chances are they both would be fine today.........

I will make this post every Aug. 22 for the rest of my life.

I still can't believe it, me being an Automotive engineer all my career, and the vids and preaching I did to him.............. no seatbelt......

on with the show.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

I remember broh...... It reminds me to always wear a seatbelt.

Comment

I shared this post with my kids....life is fragile. I am sure it is a hard time of year for you - each an every year but I am sure it will be better if just 1 person starts to wear their belt because of your post.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

i have a similar but sorta opposite story
        when i was a kid i wouldnt wear my seatbelt but my uncle always made me so i made a habit out of it.
        well one night he left the bar (drunk ) and he wrecked on his way to my house and passed away, the only people home where me and my great grandma and i answered the door to that cop and a family friend i was 12 years old and it totaly crushed, since then i wear my seatbelt religously and i will never drink and drive and one thing i hate is my friends that say "seatbelts arent gonna save ya" or "do you think im a bad driver" and my sister was in a wreck when she was 17 and rolled her car twice down a holler and she survived because she had a seatbelt on and ive had two friends pass away in car crashes not wearing their seatbelts.... people are so stubborn........and it aggrevates me
        1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
        1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
        1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
        1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
        1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

i shared this post with a few of my friends to convince them to wear there seatbelts

best regards

sean
          1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Thank you for passing this on to all of us whom take life for granted. This made me think twice, as I rarely wear a seatbelt.

I think I'll start tomorrow.

Thank you.
            1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
            370 RWHP / 352 TQ
            CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

My condolences again, Wolfman. Thanks for the post...looks like it my serve to knock some sense into the hard-heads out there that don't think they need to wear a seatbelt. I grew up with parents that wouldn't even start the car till I had my seat belt on. I think because of that, I feel naked without it on now. I carry on my parents' way of thinking and will not drive anyone anywhere unless they buckle up. Ya gotta do it, guys.....period.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Over here the natives never wear seatbelts. Typically there will be a little boy or two up front with the dad and the wife (wives) and other females in the rear.

I wear mine all the time and always will.

Bob
                Kuwait

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Gotta say my mom is always on at me about seat belts... I usually ignore! Maybe I should just think, 5 seconds of time, minimal discomfort, and could save my life and not put my family and friends through hell..
                  Lesson for everyone who drives
                  Screaming Mad
                  Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                  Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                  0-60 7.74
                  1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

- Noted and hope you'll heal in time
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Thanks for the heavy reminder, Ken. I know it couldn't have been easy making this thread. Myself, my Wife, and the kids will ALWAYS wear their seatbelts.

God Bless
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Wolfman I didnt know that. My heart goes out to you and your family. I do understand how you feel. I am a vol. firefighter and I see first hand what happens when you dont wear your belts. My cousin was killed at the tender age of 19 almost the same way but she fell alseep at the wheel and went head on into a telephone pole.

I feel for you bro. And thank you for sharing your heart ache with us so that we may learn. And it maybe one of our lifes you save.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I remember the day I read that post, Ken. We're still here for you.
                          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

My condolences.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

It's automatic for me. As soon as I sit down, I do it w/out thinking. Sometimes I forget if I got it on and notice that I do. Still sad to hear Ken.
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X