Non F-bod: Need help making workout cd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non F-bod: Need help making workout cd

Well, after a 10 year hiatus, I decided to treat myself for my 34 th birthday next week by starting to lift weights again. I went all out on this one, picking up a Body Solid machine, a treadmill, 100-lb heavy bag, stationary bike, and elliptical thingy. I figured, I'm always wasting money on silly stuff...'bout time I spent some on my health (DUH)

Anyway, I hooked up a DVD player, TV, CD player, and receiver to help me stay motivated. I already picked up a few treadmill DVD's and assorted workout videos, but want a "high-energy" workout cd.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Most of what I listen to these days is not appropriate for "working out" so I can use some suggestions. I'm probably going to make several, a few club mixes/techno/trace and a few metal/hard rock.

By the way, most good driving music cuts are also good for working out. So...any suggestions for a fat, lazy, old guy?
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Well I dont know what you should get but I know you shouldn't get the new Carmen Electra video to workout to (well to watch I guess its ok but maybe a bit creepy).

Seriously though, it sounds like your realy gun ho about it all. I would tell you to go at it easy at the start. Experts say that if you want to become and stay healthy its a life style change. A small change that you keep up with is far better then realy pushing it for 2 months. Actuly after 3 months it becomes part of your natural habbit and its alot easyer to maintain.

Good luck.
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Yeah...I'm pretty excited. Used to lift religiously in high school and college. I was playing soccer, hockey, volleyball, and wrestling at the time, so needed to stay lean and mean. Now that I'm a bit older, I want to build mass/lose the spare tire...just need some help getting my butt off the couch on a daily basis.

Music helps tremendously!!!
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Hmm...no suggestions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

DJ Taso!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has some awesome stuff. email him.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I worked out with his Euratica volume 4 today doing crunches. Oh the pain.. but the music is awesome.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

I tell ya what keeps me doing those for more reps is rock and metal all the way!!! I have about 30 tracks on my mp3 player and Im just like you music is a big part of my life and it helps me alot. You say your old but Im kinda old myself but the best way is metal. My tracks may be a little to much for you but if you want Im sure we could download them somehow and send it to ya.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Hey Tom, what are some of the tracks? I'm quite adept at using Kazaa, so I can download them no prob'.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Hey Tom, what are some of the tracks? I'm quite adept at using Kazaa, so I can download them no prob'.
                  If they offered it, I think I could be a professor in rock/metal. Name a couple of your favorite bands and I think I could give ya a couple good tracks for motivational purposes
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

DJ Taso does some awsome work, There is some samples on his site. http://djtaso.com/discography.php

The Headbanger's Ball CDs should do the trick also.
                    Richard Harvey Jr.
                    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                      If they offered it, I think I could be a professor in rock/metal. Name a couple of your favorite bands and I think I could give ya a couple good tracks for motivational purposes
                      Same here. I don't really listen to anything else. While I respect other genres of music, I've just never really gotten into them. Unfortunately, very few good rock/metal bands have emerged since the mid 90's.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Ever heard of killswitchengage, machine head, fear factory? Also of course Pantera, Metallica, disturbed.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                          Same here. I don't really listen to anything else. While I respect other genres of music, I've just never really gotten into them. Unfortunately, very few good rock/metal bands have emerged since the mid 90's.

I just cant work out with just regular rock(unless Im just on a treadmill or something). Because with what Im trying to do is gain alot of mass and lift heavy and I just have to have something heavy on.

current

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                            I agree and disagree. I agree that since the mid nineties...not too much has come out that has caught my attention. My favorite bands span the era from the late 60's to the mid nineties. However, I will say that there is good music coming out today....it's just not mainstream. Everything that's mainstream today, with the exception of a select few, is garbage. I can't stand that linkin park is considered rock and roll. If you get in to some bands that aren't as popular...I think you could be pleasently surprised.
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I don't work out as much as I would like, but I am an active person playing sports a lot, working on cars, etc.... When I work on cars, it's kinda the same deal. You need something to pump you up a bit when you're working from the (_!_) crack of dawn til 2 in the morning. Being that if I listed everything I listened to would consist me of staying a couple hours late here at work, I'll just mention a few that come off the top of my head.

Nirvana, metallica, ozzy, black sabbath, local h, pantera, old school stone temple pilots, alice in chains, slayer, and megedeth are a good start to motivate you IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X