Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First gas station cloesed in the area due to shortage?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First gas station cloesed in the area due to shortage?...

Hey everyone,
    There have been lots of gas stations shutting down around here due to fuel costs. But just today, I found one that has a sign on all of the pumps stating:

"Temporarily closed due to high fuel wholesale prices"

Is this the start of the fuel shortage?
    No F-Body right now

I don't think so because what I am reading is there is a glut of fuel in the US right now. Gas prices are expected to fall because of it and because of the summer driving season being over. They are saying they expect it to be down to $2.00 a gallon by the end of the year if not sooner.

You wait and see if OPEC decides to cut production here shortly.

Gimme Fuel,
    Gimme Fire,
    Gimme that which I desire,
    Ooh!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

you can bet the instant that gas prices start to fall, OPEC will cut production to boost prices.

Comment

How can we kill OPEC?

Can you imagine what would happen if all of the american electric companies got together and decided they were going to cut production toi raise the cost of electricity?
        No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
          How can we kill OPEC?
          It's our own fault. We're the ones who set them up in power.

Comment

I wouder what it would do to them if we all just didnt go to the gas station just for one day?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
              I wouder what it would do to them if we all just didnt go to the gas station just for one day?
              Nothing. They know we would just go the next. I've heard of many people wanting to do that including Bill O'Reilly but unless you stop driving, you still need the gas.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Found this to be an interesting article on this same subject.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

what i still dont understand is why they can continually jack the prices up and its ok. I also dont understand where it came from. lastly i got an email the other day that said gas over in iraq, iran,... and so on, was equal to 11 cents a gallon. is that true? if it is how they possibly get away with charging us 2.55?
                  -ken-
                  ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken(Bone Breakin Chevy)
                    what i still dont understand is why they can continually jack the prices up and its ok.
                    -ken-
                    Because you continue to buy it. Supply and demand economics.

lastly i got an email the other day that said gas over in iraq, iran,... and so on, was equal to 11 cents a gallon. is that true? if it is how they possibly get away with charging us 2.55?
                    -ken-
                    Keep saying this over and over. "This war is all about oil." Remember all the democrats before the 2004 election? I wish they were right. That should tell you something about the current crop of Democrats.

Comment

Hes right, it doesnt matter how much they charge for gas, your going to need it regardless of the price, if you want to do something contact the legislature adn get a petition together to lower the taxes adn other fees that the state charges you, also oil in Iraq can be less expensive becuase it doesnt have to go through the process of being shipped somehwere to be refined and then shipped all over the country to everyone else. Its just their most of the shipping cost is eliminated. Also most of our oil does not come out the middle east, it is imported from other countries, however if we were allowed to use Iraqs resources the price might go down, but if OPEC ends up getting their hands on it, itll somehow make it go up But I dont know......somethin tells me were getting screwed here though
                      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Want lower gas prices? Stop using so much GD gas.

SUV's, big V8's (like ours) suck up so much gas, and it's our transportation. There is no way to stop it unless you STOP buying it. I bought a motorcycle that gets 50-60 MPG (I think I'm getting over 60, I put in 3.9 gallons and I have over 200 miles and my reserve still isn't on). I put 20 bucks (6.?? gallons) in my camaro over a week ago! How do I still have 1/4 tank? Because I DON'T DRIVE IT! It's the only way.

Once a lot of people convert to hydrogen/electric/nuclear energy, gas will drop like crazy.

It's sad to have a car you love, but you can't wait until winter to put it away because it costs 80/week to daily drive it. Geez.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

the thing is i understand economics. our demand isnt going up, its the same we all drive just as much as we did when gas was 1.50. so prices shouldnt go up. and supply is continually going down but nowheres near the rate that the price is rising, that never effected it before. usually the price only goes up through inflation. I dont think economics has anything to do with it, thats why i was asking.
                          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

the thing is i understand economics. our demand isnt going up, its the same we all drive just as much as we did when gas was 1.50. so prices shouldnt go up. and supply is continually going down but nowheres near the rate that the price is rising. I dont think economics has anything to do with it, thats why i was asking.
                            Sorry for my earlier short smart remark. I think it is because oil is traded as a commodity like a stock. For that matter like any other merchandise. If you wanted to sell your car, you would try and get the most you could for it. Same thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X