Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: I need help fast guys....credit reports...Please help...very important...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: I need help fast guys....credit reports...Please help...very important...

Heres the situation in a nutshell....my parents got screwed on their home loan and now the bank is foreclosing on the loan. They have till the 2nd of September to pay the bank $82,000 or there will be a lock put on the doors and the house will go up for auction. I am trying to get a loan to pay the b*st@rds at the bank so that my parents can keep their house. My problem is this....when the lender I am trying to go through tries to pull up my credit report, all they can get a report from is Experian.....Trans-Union and Equifax don't show any results, even though my credit card companies say they report to them. I have been trying to the last hour to find a phone number for Equifax and Trans-Union to call and see what the heck is going on, but they don't give out their number unless you buy something. Ok, pisses me off, but fine...only one problem though, they ask for my billing address but don't give any space for a Canadian address.....so I can't even buy a freaking report, which means I can't get the phone number.
    So I was wondering, do any of ya'll have credit reports that you could look on to see if there is a phone number on there that I could call to talk to a person instead of a recording? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out here guys. My parents are in their 60's and my mom has Lupus and Rhumatory Arthritis so she can't work, and my dad has been working his butt off trying to keep this house that they have lived in for the past 15 years. I am worrying myself sick over it and would appreciate anyone helping me out here. I just need phone numbers, that's all.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Equifax 800-797-7024 m-f 9am/5pm

trans union 800-916-8800 8:30-4:30 m-f

These are the phone numbers off my credit reports for contacting them.

Don't know how much luck you'll have in getting to talk to a real person...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Bruce beat me to it. I hope everything works out. That sucks.

I don't know if it will help but My wife and I bought a house using Coldwell Bankers in 2 weeks start to finish. We called them on Monday and 4 days later we were aproved. We had a week to spare. They were really great. We tried our credit union first but they said 3 weeks minimum.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

How did they get into the problem? They might try getting a hardmoney loan and try to refinance it at a later date.
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. The lender I am going through says that I shouldn't have any problem getting the loan provided that they can get a second credit report. I have no idea why my niether my car loan nor either of my credit cards show up on Equifax or Trans-Union. I just wish I could call them and find out, but the fact that I am living in Canada, unfortunately, is making that very difficult. The way that they got into this mess is a long story, but basically there was some confusion about a payment 3 years ago where my dad paid the payment early and the bank applied it to escrow (???) instead of applying it to the principle balance. So then they didn't know that until after receiving a letter saying that they were foreclosing and were forced to file bankruptcy. So then fastforward to the last week and the payment to the chapter 13 office was due and I guess they had just enough $$ in the account for it, but Comcast double charged them and the chapter 13 office had already put the charge through before my mom caught the double charge and called them to explain. After that, they were no longer willing to work with them on the loan. They even tacked on close to $25,000 in interest for the 3 years it was under chapter 13, something to do with escrow, and lawyer fees. Then, as an extra slap in the face, the mortgage company, their lawyer, and the chapter 13 office refused to tell my mom what they owed after all of those fees were added up. So basically they were saying, "You need to pay us X amount by Sept. 2 or we will kick you out of your house, but we aren't going to tell you what X amount is." It was only after my mom going into the mortgage company's lawyer's office and refusing to leave unless they told her what she owed that they actually told her. She had to sit there for 3 hours to get that. It was a good thing I wasn't there from the way my mom said they talked to her. Anyway...now I am just ranting. Sorry guys, I just need to rant to someone. Thanks again for the replies, and if anyone knows anyway I can get ahold of these credit agencies, please let me know. Thanks guys.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Todd, also remember that there are plenty of lenders that will do it no matter what. If you don't get satisfaction from your current company, hit the Yellow Pages and look at your options. As they say in China....Good Ruck!
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Todd,
              That is a very common scam that many people get suckered into. I see it quite often in this business. Some Mortgage lenders can be just as sleezy as anybody and if the paycheck benefits themselves they will do whatever it takes. I hope everything works out for you and your folks.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

I do have some outside experience with Chapter 13, Todd. A good friend of mine filed two years ago, and it was very similar to your parent's problem.

Foreclosure proceedings began on his home, and he filed Chapter 13 to stop the foreclosure. His lawyer advised him to file Chapter 13, being it's the only one that allows for keeping your assetts. His Chapter 13 payments were almost enough to make him late paying his not-so amused mortgage company every month. They basically told him, if you're late, even by a day, foreclosure will start once again.

Here's what he did... He went to another mortgage company that deals with bancruptcy clients. He took out a mortgage, along with a cash-out for the amount of equity in his home (something around $40,000). The new mortgage company paid the old company's mortgage off, plus he used the cash-out to pay off the balance of his Chapter 13 payment, and still had a few bucks left to stow in the bank for an emergency.

This worked because he had more equity in his home than was the balance of his Chapter 13 loan. Maybe they already tried all this, but feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about it. Hope it works out.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I work for a mortgage company. I doubt we'd be able to pull this off by Septermber 2, however. The other problem you are going to have is that your parents hold title. You may have problems getting financed with a lien on their property when you don't show ownership of the property... in other words, you would basically be purchasing the house from them in order for this to go through. Unless of course, you are trying to do a cash-out refinance of your own property to take the equity to pay the money to that lender. That would work too, but we don't lend in Canada and I don't know how mortgages are handled up there so I can't advise you much there.

I'm not a loan officer, I am in the closing department, so I do have a fairly decent amount of knowledge about how these things close and get handled... if you need any advice, let me know. The most important thing here is to do business with the most reputable company you can find. I could put you in touch with a loan officer here who you can trust... but again... September 2 is probably too soon to be able to close this. Not only that, but if this is your parents' primary residence, they will have a 3 day rescission period before funds are disbursed - so if they need the money on September 2, this loan can close no later than 8/30. That's in a week... and if you're doing the loan, it's purchase from your parents... sorry bro... looks really unlikely.

What you are talking about with them applying the extra payment to escrow is normal. Normally, you need to designate any extra payment as "principle", otherwise, it will go into the escrow account (the account you pay into monthly so that your mortgage company can pay your taxes and homeowner's insurance when they come due). I still don't understand how they got in trouble for that though? Did they figure they were paid ahead and then didn't make any payments because of it? Because that's NEVER how it works... you owe your monthly payment every month, regardless of how much you paid the month before... paying extra just takes payments off the BACK END of the loan...
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Todd...The first thing I thought was man if I had the money....
                    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
                    X