NFB: Promotion for me!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Promotion for me!!!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some exciting news. I found out at work about a week ago that I am getting a nice promotion! I've been with the company about 1 year, 3 months... I started in sales, went to the operations side of things and began working on the closing side of things. I found my niche there pretty quickly, and now I am going to work as a "Business Consultant" for our closing department to figure out better processes and ways for us to get our work done. Every day my job is going to focus on how we can improve.

I was working 12+ hour days Mon-Fri and now I'll be workign normal hours, I can work from home... and after my next promotion, I'll be able to work from anywhere I please (Florida, maybe???) ... I'm going to be a salary employee and while the overtime and incentives were really nice before... taking this step up to a more managerial role is going to get me better hours and more rewarding job as well as open future opportunities. I may end up taking a *slight* paycut, but that's completely worth it if you ask me.

Really, really excited!!!!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

let me be the first on the board to say congratulations!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Congrats! Its not about money its about doing work you enjoy

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Congratulations.

"BPI" Business Process Improvements is what they call it where I work. That is the new push. They created a position here to oversee it. They promoted my last boss to head it up. Then they asked me to do everything she was doing to keep the department running. Ugh. Before long I fully expect to see a process sheet hanging on the bathroom door on how to do #1 and #2.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Congrats, man. But seriously.... You can tell us... It is about the money.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Congrats J. That Z is getting closer....and closer....and closer.

Comment

congrats!......money is important, but so is a personal life.....sounds like you will have a better situation now
              DWS
              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Good news there Jay. Happy to hear things are going good, esp. after the big move into your own place. Talk to you later bro.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

i think we should all cruise to Ruth Chris Steak house and lunch should be on YOU! congrats

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                    Congrats! Its not about money its about doing work you enjoy

Yeah right. That works for maybe a year or so.

For me, it's the money that makes me enjoy the work that I do (LOL) I'd much rather be a proffesional NASCAR driver than working anyday. So, to make the most of it, I'll take the job that's closest to home AND that pays the most.. You can always grow to like it afterwords.
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I think I'm gonna take a grand to a strip club and drop it all to celebrate
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Just wanna say congrats. Sounds like a good thing.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                        1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          I think I'm gonna take a grand to a strip club and drop it all to celebrate
                          Let's meet in H-town (strip club capitol of the world) and do it up!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                            Let's meet in H-town (strip club capitol of the world) and do it up!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Don't tempt me. I'm no longer working weekends - there is little stopping me from taking a Friday off and buying a couple plane tickets.

Comment

Congrats Jay - glad to see you are finding something you like to do!
                              Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
                              X