Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever have to justify spending money on your car to people?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever have to justify spending money on your car to people?

You know how some people are just blown away by the fact you spend so much money/time on your car instead of saving/investing the money?
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Yup, esp. when its girls that have way too many clothes and shoes, a POS car or no car and hang out at the mall all the time...total PITA
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

They say "Are you serious? You'd willingly put that much money into your car?" Most people expect a lengthy defense. I guess they get mad when i respond with "Yeah...and?" This paired with a quirked eyebrow usually tells them that argueing with you is pointless lol
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

In all honesty, I've never had a single person tell me that.

They find out how much I've spent on it (currently 42k) , and they freak, but I've never had a single person say they dind't think it was worth it. Everyone tells me that they think it's an expensive hobby, and they just wish they had my car. Then I take them for a ride, and people start trying to figure out how to budget for one.

Nothing like clicking off low 12's.

All I have to do is tell them 400+ HP & it's faster than your typical vette.
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

Not too much money, but I constantly hear that I spend too much time on it. Like the header install took me like two weeks and my friends were like freakin cuz they did thier mustangs in 1 nights. It was all worth it when my car put city blocks on their crustangs.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

yeh i hear from time to time that i spend way to much time/money on my car...i just smile.
            1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
              Yup, esp. when its girls that have way too many clothes and shoes, a POS car or no car and hang out at the mall all the time...total PITA
              I just put my shoe money in my car and I hang out at the garage instead of the mall. 4k so far. Thats alot of shoe money!

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
                I just put my shoe money in my car and I hang out at the garage instead of the mall. 4k so far. Thats alot of shoe money!
                And, thankfully, you're one of the exceptions lol
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I have heard it a few times. I may get it more because I have three young children. People automatically assume just because I went out and bought an exhaust for a "pointless" car, that my kids do without. Trust me... they do just fine. I'm usually pretty blunt when someone noses in my business like that. These comments, of course, always come from the ones who don't understand the hobby.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Ouija
                    In all honesty, I've never had a single person tell me that.

They find out how much I've spent on it (currently 42k) , and they freak, but I've never had a single person say they dind't think it was worth it. Everyone tells me that they think it's an expensive hobby, and they just wish they had my car. Then I take them for a ride, and people start trying to figure out how to budget for one.

Nothing like clicking off low 12's.

All I have to do is tell them 400+ HP & it's faster than your typical vette.
                    Does that 42K include the purchase price or is it just all modifications?

Comment

My GF tripped out when I told her how much...um, when she found out, how much I've spent on my car.

her expression was similiar to >

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

People always say, who needs that much power. I just say no one needs, but they sure as hell want it.
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Im at about 5K invested. Not including purchase price, repairs or fixing broken stuff.

Im lucky though. I have no one to explain my actions to. My parents live 1500 miles away & im not married!
                          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            Does that 42K include the purchase price or is it just all modifications?
                            Bought her for 30k base price new off the lot. 12k in Mods (luckily I've gotten most of my mods at 50% )

I calculated it one day and my Mods so far if I had paid the sticker price on all the parts would be a little over 24k (and I do all my own installations. )
                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

I'm married so I think that answers that question.
                              Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Working...
                              X