nfb: tornado!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: tornado!!!!!!

We just got back from 5 days in the Outer Banks. We camped on the beach in a town called Waves. On Tuesday we woke up to some threatening storm clouds, and when we looked out the tent we saw some funnel clouds forming. There ended up being about 5-6 water spouts out over the ocean, not more than 1/4 mile from shore. They just paralleled the coast going from south to north, and gave us a lot of great photo opportunities. Here is a small sampling of the many pics we took of them. In the 4th pic, that's me and my son watching from the beach... gives you a good sense of scale.

I'm sure to those who live in the midwest or other areas where this is common, this isn't that big of a deal, but to someone from Pennsylvania this is my first time. I';m sure Jessica will appreciate these pics.....
    Attached Files
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Thats just got to be awesome to see in person!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

& .....some great shots!!
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Great pictures.

We went to Port St. Joe back in July. The day before we got there the same thing happened. My sister-in-law was already there and got some pictures of it. I wish I could have been there. Those are once in a life time photo opportunities.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Those pics were scaled down from the full size pics. I'll have to post a link to some of the full size 5 megapixel pictures when I get them online. We had a couple 8x10's printed out of some of the better shots.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

awesome shots man! thanks for sharing. ive seen many water spouts, but never had the op to get such gr8 pics~! let me know when you go online with the biggies.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

wow, those are great pics!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
              Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

reminds me when I was Lifeguarding in Summer o' '94. Had one of those 100 yards offshore, me and a couple people were hiding in the equipment storage box simply awesome display of nature
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Great stuff, Dave. One thing on my list of things to see before I die is a tornado. I know many people are horrified of them due to their destructive nature, but it doesn't make them any less beautiful. (Kind of like our cars... )
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

That is sweet. Cannot wait to see the big pics. I picture that in poster size with some sort of inspirational quote.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Cool stuff there. I just got back from the Outer Banks a few weeks ago (Stayed in Frisco).

No waterspouts, but big waves from a Tropical Storm!
                      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Wow..I cannot believe I missed this thread until now. Those are some amazing photos Dave...thanks for sharing

I've only seen a tornado once in my life...and it actually happened to be 3 at the same time When I was about 10 years old, me and my pops took a ride up to Rockford, IL to just spending the day together. By mid afternoon, they were talking on the radio about how it was gonna get ugly really soon. I'll never forget at around 4 or 5 p.m., looking up in the sky, and seeing literally about 7 or 8 funnel clouds just kinda hanging up there all around us. Within about 15 mins. or so, I saw 3 of them touchdown....pretty scary when you're 10. We watched them for a short time, and then my dad took me to some place that had stores and restaurants...some of them underground. That's where we held up until everything cleared up. When we put back on the radio, they confirmed that 5 tornadoes had touched down around rockford and southern wisconsin
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                        X