Had the Hawk for 4 years now :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had the Hawk for 4 years now :D

Yup, August 25th, I had the privilege of taking delivery 2002 Firehawk #0035. It is bright Red, M6, Trans Am base, with optional Lumbars, 12-disk cd-changer, V8, 345hp. SLP options include Floormats and etc, Stainless Steel dual-dual, Auburn differential, Bilstein suspension, 17" chrome rims (weighing 23#'s alone over 50# with tire - heaviest rime ever on an f-body) . More details can be found here. I ordered the car without knowing how to drive stick-shift, I took lessons.
    The SLP build date should be around 06/06/01 The order # was DJKDK6. It sat at GM after being built because of a campaign that dealed with moisture in the headlights (I called the St. Therese factory and talked to the yard foreman ) The Car was shipped finally on 08/17/2005 after a few calls to a Mr. Oakley (Head GM Shipping and logistics manager) hot ticketed all northeast bound F-bodies, so that there would be the minum 15 cars, required to ship my car. I got the rail car # my car was on and tracked the Rail car online. The day of delivery, I took a 1-way bus ticket to Lunenburg, MA to Chapdelaine Pontiac GMC. I never met my dealer (all doen through fax and phone. They did not clean my car, but I had lojack installed. I had to add the Blackwing lid/filter later as this option was not ready yet. They mailed it to me and a free t-shirt. It took me 1-1/2 years to figure out that there was a pull-out cup holder in the dash.

Fist mod I did was add !CAGS. I have also added SLP Sub frame connectors, BMR STB, Drilled out the clutch restriction, Bypassed the hot coolant from the throttle body, the throttle body was ported and resealed with aircraft quality resin, 160 thermostat, and Lou's short stick. I swapped the muffler out with the SLP aftermart version... same muffler but less packing so it looks 100 stock but I can hear it now . Dyno tuning really woke up my car. I It now makes 315rwhp and 335rwtq. Last time I weighed the car , with an ice chest and the spare in it, it weighed 3838#'s with me in it (I weigh 200lbs)

I have had the dealer replace the side valences as they were broken upon initial vehicle mechanical inspectiona and flattend the fender tabs (who hasn;t had this happen to them! ) . I have a problem with oil consumption, wnet to the dealer several times for, but they never did anything, but I am going to deal with it and fix it myself. I blew my differential case , and spider gears at Lebanon Valley Dragway using BFG Com TA Drag Radials and a 3200 RPM launch, 200 miles from home... fixed under warrantee . My spoiler is chipping and needs to be fixed... but I tell you what I don't mind these problems as when I get behind the wheel, they all but dissapear .

4 years down, and May more years with the hawk to come. I don't think any car but an F-body could bring me this much enjoyment i have had

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm - hope y'all don't mind
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

i heard this story.............and i heard it from more than one person..

ahhh, the good old days of "where's my Firehawk now"..in delivery...LOL

our Hawk is now 8 years old as of last month........

there's a good possibility she's sold..... but I'll let the new buyer announce that.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

yup, figured that this info would be a trip down memory lane for a few of us
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Unfortunatly I can only reply in envy! I do know what expereince you are talking about and your right it can only be found behind the wheel of these machines!

Cool story.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Ahhhh...feels good, huh? I've had the Z for a little over 2 yrs. Even after the rear going, the clutch being shot and all the work I've done...I still love this car, now more than ever
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I don't have no hawk...but I've owned my TA for a lil over two years and I still can't get enough of her...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Nice story - not many cars on the market today can drive a person to do such things! I consider my T/A as part of my family - I don't think I will ever dump it......but there is a nice Z06 I have my eyes on.....
              Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I've had the T/A since April, and I smile everytime I look at it. I've never owned a car that has done that to me.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X