Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB 53 ford f100........whoops (pics inside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB 53 ford f100........whoops (pics inside)

hey all, this is my uncle's truck. it is a 53 ford f100 with a chevy 400 bored out to a 406. my dad in his 68 camaro and my uncle and I in the ford were out cruising last sunday and then we heard an awful noise... on to the pics.

engine out...

motor that is going in now. it is also a 400. the heads off of the broken one will go on this block and the supercharger will stay on...should run really good.

Damage.....notice the oblongishness...(is that a word? haha)

the bearing...you know what it SHOULD look like. haha

the bearing again

yeah

thats that.....i have some more pictures and stuff. he is in the process of putting that other motor in as we speak. this was the number 3 piston.

god that was a bad sound...

what do you guys think?

Man o man, never even seen anything like it.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

dude thats terrible hope it gets fixed ok andhope the rest of the engine wasnt hurt
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

well, i see this thread isnt too popular. haha. i have a video of the new motor running in the truck.....if you guys want to see it. sounds mean. let me know

Comment

engine bay a little cramped...wouldn't u say?

2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
            engine bay a little cramped...wouldn't u say?

I definitely agree....changing those plugs and wires must be the most horrendous experience ever
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
            X