Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB - Woah! New Orleans is gonna pounded!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - Woah! New Orleans is gonna pounded!

Joe it looks like you got hit with only a "gernade" of a hurricane...

Katrina (Cat 5) is gonna "nuke" New Orleans!

Y'all New Orleans area members take cover! Goodness it's gonna be ugly...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

I've had more than my share of these and my prayers go out to those in the path.

Comment

scary to say the leaste, and N.O. is 6 feet below sea level.....

bad bad storm folks...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm down here in Mobile, AL, and I'm worried to. Right now they are predicting 120 MPH winds in our area for Monday, because we are on the east side (bad side) of the storm. Mobile Bay could see anywhere from 8-15 feet of storm surge, which means all of downtown Mobile will be underwater. Dauphin Island will get pounded as well with that much storm surge, and Gulf Shores could get 8-10 feet, which is gonna tear up the beach again after Ivan's severe damage from last year.

N.O. will not exist if it takes a direct hit. They showed a water depth gauge the other day on a show and at 22 feet, water will cover everything up to the second story of buildings in NO. NO will be a lake if this storm hits them, and they have no way to pump out that much water. Right now they are predicting a storm surge of 25 feet, and that does NOT include waves. N.O. could see as much as 30-35 feet of water, and it will destroy the entire city. N.O. is gone folks.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I've been keeping an eye on this since Joe originally posted it (back when it was simply "Tropical Depression 12"). I was relieved to see it went through Florida with few casualties. I just pray Louisiana, Alabama, and the Florida panhandle are lucky. They're going to need it.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

If New Orleans takes a direct hit or even if the eye strays 10-20 miles, they are in trouble. FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) has modeled a forecast in this situation their model showed an anticipated loss of life from 40,000 to 60,000 people if a CAT 5 were to hit NO! I think those numbers might be a little high, but nevertheless it ain't looking good for poor NO. Bourbon Street is going to be Bourbon River.

For their sake, I truly hope it strays away.

MN6WS6, my prayers are with you man. Get yourself and your loved ones to safety if you can manage.

Comment

This is a prime example of why you don't want to live near the coast if your home is below sea level. My god, this is going to be a distaster of epic proportions.

Comment

Luckily for us, we are about 30-40 miles from the coast, maybe even a little farther than that. The problem with where we are is that we are close to the MS line. For Ivan, Dennis, and all the others that have been through here recently, that means we escaped with just having to rake the yard. But this one is gonna be a problem. They are predicting 50 mph winds tonight, with 60-100 pretty much all day tomorrow, perhaps gusting to 120. I slept through Frederic when I was 4, but that was at night and I was, well, 4 This one will be a daytime storm, so I'll be twiddling most of the day it looks like.

Comment

Where exactly are you located MN6WS6....I'm about 45 miles SW of Meridian, MS. Looks like we're going to have some rough weather.
                  1994 Trans Am GT, LT1, M6, Hurst Shifter, Leather, Eagle Wheels, Flowmaster cat back, !CAGS, 160 stat, Best ET 13.73@100 -- Updated mods: SLP CAI, SLP clutch kit, Nitto tires, Lou's short stick, SLP leather knob

Comment

This thing is playing with a dangerous minimal central pressure of 902 millibars as of right now. This means if it stays at this pressure or drops, it will basicallly be a slow rolling 50-80 mile wide F3 tornado, not too mention the actual tornados spawned, and of course the storm surge and flooding rain.

The only other Hurricanes in history in the Western Hemisphere that have had a lower measured MCS were the following:

1. 888 mb....Gilbert (1988)
                    2. 892 mb....1935 "Labor Day" hurricane
                    3. 899 mb....Allen (1980)

Comment

they are saying this is the 100 year storm, the worst to hit the US ever.. 175mph winds and up right now......

FEMA will be calling on us, GSA for volunteers......

I'll be busy salvaging our fleet vehicles that will get destroyed....... folks evacuate....and leave the govt. vehicles behind, and i dont blame them for that.......

this is terrible folks....very very serious.

then, on a side note, there are a couple of wolfdog sanctuarys down there my private org. will have to step up to the plate and support......

wow.

funny (not funny) how they downplayed this storm at first, "just a real rain soaker, not a big threat otherwise......"

bull chit.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm in northwest Mobile County, very close to Semmes, AL. It's up off of Hwy 98 near the intersection of Schillinger's Road for those familiar with the area, or for those looking at a map, about 5 miles north of the airport. How much we'll see depends on how fast it turn northeast, as it is already past us to the west (the eye anyway). But the problem is, we are on the east side, which is the worst side. That's the side with the most rain, wind, and likelyhood of tornadoes.

Here's an example of what's going on around here. For Ivan and Dennis, the last two to come close to us, the gas stations were packed, and the prices jumped 10 cents overnight, Walmart had their entire parking lot so full people were parking on the grass (and these are Super Walmarts, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 acres of striped parking lots), the roads were jam packed, it was total pandemonium. We gassed up early, then waited until literally the rain from the feeder bands started falling to leave. For Ivan, we actually didn't leave until Tropical Storm force winds had already started. We got from here to family in Baton Rouge in 2 hours both times, because NOBODY was on the road then. However, nobody boarded up on our street except us.

Today, I had no line at the gas station. My mom went in Walmart and bought groceries like normal at 4:30p.m. Gas is the same price it was last week. There was slightly more traffic than normal heading east on Hwy 98, but nothing real bad. Pretty much a typical Sunday around here. But get this, my neighbor, who has ridden out every storm to ever come through, spent the entire day boarding up his house (which he didn't do for Ivan) and his business. Talk about flip-flop!

The thing that I'm hating is the TV stations. Some of them started there 24 hour coverage as early as noon today, interupting all TV broadcasts. It's like they race to get 24 hour coverage first! Now, combine that with the fact that one of the more popular stations also owns half the radio stations, and they are also on 24 hour coverage, and you can see how much we are SATURATED with hurricane coverage. So even when you come in after getting prepped for it, you have to listen to that on all the local channels all night.

Comment

man this looks bad.... if miami got pretty beat up by katrina as a category 1 storm i can only imagin wut can happen to new orleans. take care every1.
                          1967 Camaro "Project"
                          1972 Chevelle "454"
                          1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

I felt the full force of cat 5 Andrew back in 92. This one is just as powerful only twice the size. I hope those pumps that keep the NO from flooding don't fail.
                            96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Goodnight, New Orleans
                              Michael Key
                              Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Working...
                              X