Best looking generation of Firebird?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best looking generation of Firebird?

Based solely on looks and not on performance or any other factor, what generation of Firebird/Trans Am was the best looking? Because some genrations had some not-so-minor changes within them, if you want to specify a year within that generation in a response, that'd be fine. I.E. 97 or 98 from the 4th gens?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

3rd gen baby
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

To me there is just no better looking car than a 97 WS6 Trans Am (in black).
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

4th gen all the way, but for the WS6, it has to be the LS1 style...for the standard T/As, I like the LT1 style better. Just my opinion
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Man That Is TOUGH. I have to go with a tie.

Camaro - '69 RS/SS and 4th gen(LS1) SS
          Firebird/TA - 4th Gen(LT1) Trans Am WS6
          Richard Harvey Jr.
          '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
            To me there is just no better looking car than a 97 WS6 Trans Am (in black).
            Yep something like this
            1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
            1 of 463
            LT4 knock module
            D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
            strut tower brace
            SLP fan switch
            160* t/stat
            Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
            DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

id have to say a 73 T.A with a SD455, 4spd, red with the yellow/black bird on the hood, now thats kool
              1967 Camaro "Project"
              1972 Chevelle "454"
              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                id have to say a 73 T.A with a SD455, 4spd, red with the yellow/black bird on the hood, now thats kool
                ooo i just voted for the 4th gen but i do have to say a 70/71 with the SD 455 is pretty gorgeous... dunno if 70 had the SD but i know 71 had it and thats a pretty car.

Comment

and then back on the 4th gen thing... best looking forth gen... Wolf's style of firehawk with the firebird/formula front but with the raised spoiler... with an LT4

Comment

I vote for whichever one I am standing in front of at the time.

Comment

Nothing is better than a clean 3rd Gen...man I love those cars.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I just love the look of the 98+ 4th gen... guess that's why I drive one.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                        1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

My vote is a bit biased...

I go with a '98 - '02 WS.6 Trans Am. The '97's are a close second, however. Either way, you can't go wrong in my book.

LS1 for the aggressive styling
                          LT1 for the cleaner lines
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                            LS1 for the aggressive styling
                            LT1 for the cleaner lines
                            I agree. I prefer the overall look of an LS1 with ram air.....just so disgusting. The LT1's though have a nice, sleek, clean look to them also...my second favorite
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Firebird - '67 & '68 Firebird 400
                              T/A - 2nd gens

My all time favorite - 71-72 T/A 455 HO white with blue stripe. Although, I must say the LS1 WS6s are beautiful cars.
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X