Best looking generation of Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best looking generation of Camaro?

Based solely on looks and not on performance or any other factor, what generation of Camaro was the best looking? Because some genrations had some not-so-minor changes within them, if you want to specify a year within that generation in a response, that'd be fine. I.E. 97 or 98 from the 4th gens?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

For me, that classic first gen look does it. I'm not as big of a fan of the 4th gen camaroes as I am of the Pontiacs.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

the 96/97 SS in either black or silver
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

69 with hideaway headlights ...
        just sweet
        eddie
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

the 69 Z/28 does it for me .... with the 69 Rs headlights on it just sweet.
          1967 Camaro "Project"
          1972 Chevelle "454"
          1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
            the 96/97 SS in either black or silver
            i agree or the 95 ss clone in black looks pretty good too

Comment

My car gets my vote!

The LT1 convertible. - IMO the best looking Camaro ever produced.
              Make it a SS and it cannot be beat.
              Give it a six-speed and it's my dream Camaro.

I hate to admit it, but I think Chevy made a *big* mistake with the LS1 style changes on the Camaro. To me the nose looks like a fish and the tail lights are not as clean. The headlights look like big bulging fish eyes and the grille looks like the mouth of the fish. I never thought anyone would want a car that looked like a fish. I love the LS1 engine, but I could never bring myself to owning the fish.

In contrast, the LT1 styling has a much more aggresive cut appearance. I like the way the headlights are recessed and the lower profile of the snout.
              I like the tail lights without those amber turn signals cluttering them up. The line around the reverse light compliments the trunk lines nicely.

Now, if we start talking Firebirds.... I like the LS1 cars better.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

96 SS is deffinatly the best looking since the ls1 front isnt as attractive and the 97+ tail lights arnt that nice either
                1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Black 69 Z/28 RS with White Rally Stripes, chrome Rally wheels and some wide meats
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

The first three years of the second gen are by far my favorite, then the 98+ fourth gen is my second favorite

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Looks like I'm one of the few that like the 3rd gen, tho I prefer late 3rd gen to earlier. Dunno why...

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                      1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Originally posted by braindeadracefan
                        Looks like I'm one of the few that like the 3rd gen, tho I prefer late 3rd gen to earlier. Dunno why...
                        I'm with ya. I think a clean 3rd gen Z/28 or Iroc are some of the nicest cars out there. The styling was spot-on. Not too overdone, but just aggressive enough. If I can't find a good project Grand National for a decent price, a 3rd gen Camaro is next on the list.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I voted for a 1st gen...but I think if there was a category specifically for a black 96 ss...then it would be a tie
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

1st gen, but nothing wrong with a '71 with split bumper and round lights either.
                            1997 Z-28 70K - 52 mm Edelbrock Throttle Body, Flowmaster series 80, K&N Cold Air intake, NGK Iridium Plugs TB Bypass, B&M Ripper shifter, Kenwood Head Unit, 2 MTX Amps,Clarion DVD Player , 2 10" MTX subs, 2 MTX 6x9's, 4 MTX 6.5's, 4 Kenwood 1" tweeters .

Comment

I just can't bring myself to vote. I like them all.
                              Joe K.
                              '11 BMW 328i
                              '10 Matrix S AWD
                              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                              X