nfb: Anyone a CHP in here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: Anyone a CHP in here?

I am taking my tests next month and i would like to know if anything might be some help... you can send a private message too.
    Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

If it's anything like the Pennsylvania State Police test (I'm assuming you mean a written test, and not oral), it will have some simple math and reading problems. The math problems will likely be in the form of word problems (thief stole 3 tv's valued at $450 each and 5 VCRs valued at $125 dollars each, what was the total amount taken?). The word problems will be simply to gauge your comprehension skills, somewhat like an SAT test. You don't need to know any law enforcement specific stuff to take these tests. On the PSP test there was also a lengthy section that I don't really remember too much about anymore but it asked you a bunch of questions that you ranked on a scale of 1-5 on whether you stronly agreed or strongly disagreed, then they compared your answers to how police already on the job answer (it's a bit like a psychological test, like an MMPI). I would think they would send you materials telling you what type of things will be on the test so you can be somewhat prepared. If you have any other questions feel free to post or email/pm me.

Good luck.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X