Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Nice to see college kids don't care just like everyone else.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Nice to see college kids don't care just like everyone else.

During college I park at the football stadium (with 2000 other people) and today I'm walking to my car (which is on the far side of the lot) and about half way there I turn around to see a truck (97ish lifted Z71) leaning down on the front driver side tire like he had a flat. When I finally reach my car I hear people honking the horn at him so he tries to move the truck out of the way. From across the parking lot I hear a bang and the front end falls due to a snapped tie rod end (I guess). I start to leave the stadium but I decide to do a 360 and see if the guy needed help. I parked my car and got out to see what I could do to help, turns out the guy had gotten T-Boned in the parking lot, once he got the information of the other driver the other guy just drove off. All he could really do was jack up the front end to take some of the pressure off and wait for a tow truck. He did thank me though since I was the only person who stopped to help him. The only reason this really bugs me is cause this happen during switching of classes so their had to be at least 50-100 cars pass him just in that one lane in the parking lot. Yet no one even bothered to try to help the guy who was obviously not going to leave the parking lot on his own? WTF happen to southern hospitality? The guy was a fellow college student not some lone stranger on an empty highway. I don't know it just bugs me how self centered some people can be, everyone in that parking lot was a college student so maybe a 1/3 of them actually had to be somewhere after class. While the rest just went hom or got something to eat. I guess I'm just to nice of a person.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Dude, park you car far away....even if it is blocks away.... its worth the walk.

Side street, church, public ballpark, what ever. If there isn't a sign that states they will not tow your car.....park there. I do it every day since I sold my truck.

Yea, I need to buy another truck!
    John
    97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
    02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
    99 Bravada

Comment

No body gives a dam anymore. This country is going to hell. in a heart beet. thank god us F boudy guys stick togather. Blazer

Comment

Part of it is that some people dont feel like they want to waste there time to help the guy out but I would say alot of people just wouldnt be able to help the guy out at all.

A few years ago before I owned a car me and a couple of friends were driving around. The car got a flat, so one of my friends had to tell the driver where his spare tire was (under the carpet in the trunk) and he was amazed. I was the one who jacked the car up and started to undo the lugnuts because they both didnt know how to, they were actuly were going to get someone to help them out. When I did it they looked at me like I did some sort of huge feat and said that that was varry impressive. That was the first tire I changed but it's simple enough but for some people even this kind of thing is beond them.

It's a sad story but today people don't even know how to perform basic mantaince of there own cars so they wont even think about helping others.
        94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Working...
        X