Why are people scum???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people scum???

So yesterday, I come home from working a nice 10 hour day. I pull in the driveway, get out, and take a look the the T/A sitting right there in front of my house. Something looks wrong, like it's lowered on one side. Sure enough, the front driver's side tire is slashed, as well as 2 of my accu-pressure valve stem caps missing. It's really nice coming home and seeing a 150 dollar tire ruined, as well as 8 dollars in valve stem caps gone. Why do I even bother trying to make my car look nice and restore it when it's just gonna get trashed. I wish I had a dedicated garage...but that's not the case. Who only takes 2 caps by the way...whatever, I'll just order another set today and keep 2 as extra.

I absolutely hate living in an area full of people who either are or want to be gang bangers so badly. What's the point in idolizing a culture of basically living like a scumbag who contributes nothing to society. It hurts me seeing little kids dressed up like "gangstas" and talking with the filthiest mouth ever. Little 8 and 9 year olds that when you politely ask them not to walk on the area that you just put soil and grass seed down on, they just tell you to go f*$% yourself.

I absolutely cannot wait until tuesday september 27th...the day I leave for college. At least I'll live in an area for the next year that isn't Cicero, IL.

Sorry guys, just had to vent.....I walked past my car this morning and got mixed emotions of sadness seeing this cr@p happening to my car, as well as anger and the longing to hopefully catch one of these chicken $%*# kids in the act and beat the living p*ss outta him and throwing his butt in the trash where he belongs.

On a positive note, I still do have 2 of the same tires bagged up and sitting in my garage (35% tread). Also, my buddy who works at a GM dealership said he would hook me up mounting and balancing my tire for me.
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Sounds like either jealousy or kids. Either way, it bites. Could have been worse........ they could have keyed the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Sounds like either jealousy or kids. Either way, it bites. Could have been worse........ they could have keyed the paint.
      That actually happened 3 days after I brought my car home in april of '04. A small one at least, right under my door lock on the driver's side. I got another scratch on my drivers side rear quarter. I was going to fix it, but I know that after I take my painting class at school, I'll probably just wind up repainting the whole car myself. Also, it seems like the little money I have goes in to restoring it and making sure everything is running/functioning properly.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Seems to me that if you have full insurance coverage, this falls under the comprehensive portion.

Comment

Seems to me that if you have full insurance coverage, this falls under the comprehensive portion.
          I'm actually not really too familiar with insurance....I'm not the brightest with stuff like that. I do have full coverage, but I didn't think that they would fix scratches and small things like that. As long as my rates don't go up, this is something I might have to look in to.

Thanks for the insight

Comment

File a police report! Have them come out and survey all the damage. I'm sending you a PM.

Comment

File a police report! Have them come out and survey all the damage. I'm sending you a PM.
              Sounds good...appreciate your help

Comment

I just picked up a wireless color video camera with sound. I am going to use it on my laptop for runs at the track, to see how the suspension holds up in the rear.... and catching the local jack@$$ ricers. I tried many webcams, but the quality was poor and any fast motion is just a blur. I couldn't believe the size and quality of the video camera I got. Definately not HD quality, mabey VHS+. For the $ I spent, it is well worth it. Range is about 500-700 feet. The camera comes with a 9volt adapter too. The battery is about the size of the camera!

Wireless camera

I would set up the camera, and catch the little B@$terds in the act. I am pretty sure that it has night vision too.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I know how you feel. I get to the point on occassion that I just HATE people in general. Usually I spend a lot of time at home and get over it. My friends don't understand why I'm so careful with my cars. You know why.

People can suck. Don't let them ruin your attitude. Just be thankful you aren't like them.

One time I went to my friend, Lacy's, apartment. I parked in her private stall. I was only in there about 1/2 hour and when I came out, someone had thrown soda all over my car. It stained the paint and I had to wheel it out. I just love people.
                  LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                    I know how you feel. I get to the point on occassion that I just HATE people in general. Usually I spend a lot of time at home and get over it. My friends don't understand why I'm so careful with my cars. You know why.

People can suck. Don't let them ruin your attitude. Just be thankful you aren't like them.

One time I went to my friend, Lacy's, apartment. I parked in her private stall. I was only in there about 1/2 hour and when I came out, someone had thrown soda all over my car. It stained the paint and I had to wheel it out. I just love people.
                    That's a good way to look at it.

Man, that's horrible what happened to you...no reason for something like that at all. I'm sure our love for our cars are similiar...but mine's just a 95 t/a. With some of the cars that you have, I don't think I would have been able to hold in my emotions.

Comment

I found some local mischievous youth playing on my property about two months ago, actually throwing rocks around. Well, I didn't say a word. I went in the house and fetched Kodiak, my male German Shepherd. I went outside and introduced them. As Kodiak sat at my feet and starred at them, my only words were, "you may not want to play on my property, Kodiak may get a little upset." Never saw those youth again
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman

Exactly. That's why my true friends can be counted on one hand. I just can't bring myself to associate with dirtbags that can't respect others.

Comment

call Paul at accu pressure, tell him you are friend of mine and order just two, he'll break a set for you. we (gsa fleet) have ordered a ton of them from him now...they are making a big diff. in tire costs for our fleet. he will break the sets up if asked.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                            call Paul at accu pressure, tell him you are friend of mine and order just two, he'll break a set for you. we (gsa fleet) have ordered a ton of them from him now...they are making a big diff. in tire costs for our fleet. he will break the sets up if asked.
                            I appreciate it alot Ken. It may not seem like a lot, but that extra 8 dollars to me right now helps. With every extra cent going towards college, I'm basically living as poor as humanly possible right now....which includes hardly ever driving my car. Those accu-pressure caps are great though...more than worth the money I spent on them. I'm kind of a freak when it comes to tires (and I'm sure you can more than relate to that). I always want my pressure set exactly how I like it. Those caps make it such a convenience.

Thanks again broh

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                              I found some local mischievous youth playing on my property about two months ago, actually throwing rocks around. Well, I didn't say a word. I went in the house and fetched Kodiak, my male German Shepherd. I went outside and introduced them. As Kodiak sat at my feet and starred at them, my only words were, "you may not want to play on my property, Kodiak may get a little upset." Never saw those youth again
                              I like the way you think

Exactly. That's why my true friends can be counted on one hand. I just can't bring myself to associate with dirtbags that can't respect others.
                              Couldn't agree more Joe. I myself am the exact same way. I have my few true friends, my people that I associate with, and then everyone else. I was always taught that no matter what, you have respect for others around you. Respect was always something that was stressed in my family and myself as long as I can remember. It's the simple lack of respect that ticks me off more than anything.

Once again, another reason why I love these boards. I was so p*ssed off coming in to work today; and with some opinions/insight from others, I can look at the situation in a different light.

Comment

Working...
                              X