Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nfb: What the hell? Are people this idiotic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: What the hell? Are people this idiotic?

From the latest news report:

The scene at the Superdome became increasingly chaotic, with thousands of people rushing from nearby hotels and other buildings, hoping to climb onto the buses taking evacuees from the arena, officials said. Paramedics became increasingly alarmed by the sight of people with guns.

Richard Zeuschlag, chief of the ambulance service that was handling the evacuation of sick and injured people from the Superdome, said it was suspending operations "until they gain control of the Superdome."

He said shots were fired at a military helicopter over the Superdome before daybreak.

He said the National Guard told him that it was sending 100 military police officers to restore order.

"That's not enough," Zeuschlag said. "We need a thousand."

Lt. Col. Pete Schneider of the Louisiana National Guard said the military — which was handling the evacuation of the able-bodied from the Superdome — had suspended operations, too, because fires set outside the arena were preventing buses from getting close enough to pick up people.

He said tens thousands of people started rushing out of other buildings when they saw buses pulling up and hoped to get on. But the immediate focus was on evacuating people from the Superdome, and the other refugees were left to mill around.

Zeuschlag said paramedics were calling him and ing for help because they were so scared of people with guns at the Superdome. He also said that during the night, when a medical evacuation helicopter tried to land at a hospital in the outlying town of Kenner, the pilot reported 100 people were on the landing pad, some with guns.

"He was frightened and would not land," Zeuschlag.

What the hell is wrong with people? Firing at a military helicopter? Some people there are obviously brain-dead.

thats messed up, i mean if they want to get out of there shooting at the helicopters is certainly not the way to do it. I know it must be very difficult for everyone there adn prayers go out ot them, btu if people keep doing things like that it is going to result in sad, and entirely unnecessary casualties.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I heard this on the radio this morning.

That's definitely what I would do in that type of situation. Might as well shoot at the very people trying to help and rescue you. Might as well ruin it for everyone else trying to get out and possibly reunite with their families. Might as well make an extremely difficult and horrible situation that much worse. Might as well start looting for things that have no use right now...TV's, radios, etc.. not food or water

What ever happened to people uniting in crisis situations? Helping others in time of need? It sickened me when I heard all of this on the ride to work today.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I started out feeling very sorry and wanting to help in what little way I could. That quickly gave way to disgust when I saw all the looting. Not looting to get badly needed food and water but looting of gun shops, electronic stores, etc. Last night I saw this woman saying, "we need help ...they are raping our girls." Now this morning we hear the reports of gun fire. I don't understand these people and their mentality. After thinking about all this for a bit two things came to mind. That one episode of the Twilight Zone where the aliens picked a neighborhood and started messing with them. They quickly got them to stop helping each other and turn on each other. The chaos and blind fanatic behavior in the face of something out of the ordinary. My reflection is really on peoples behavior to events. I know its not the same thing but when we had the Northridge earthquake we had of the behavior. My final thought is where are Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton? They constantly want to point the finger at the rest of society but at times like these where are they??? Why aren't they out there on camera expressing their shame and anger .. their disgust.... It's hard to care about thieves, looters and people who are so shameful.

PS keep ANWAR free ....
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I was listening to this on the radio as well. It's disgusting. What I don't understand is why didn't the people inside point the shooter out? If they want to get out, they should sell them out. It just didn't make any sense to me.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Human Nature! Doesn't surprise me a bit. Did you see the lady walk in front of the TV screaming and demanding that WE get her out of there?
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              Human Nature! Doesn't surprise me a bit. Did you see the lady walk in front of the TV screaming and demanding that WE get her out of there?
              I did. It was on Dateline NBC last night. They even showed some uniformed officers inside a Wal-Mart, stealing things like DVDs! What the #@$&!?! I hope their superiors get a hold of some of these tapes and arrest/fire them. It's ridiculous. They were no better than the looters going after non-necessity items.
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

Comment

I heard something on the radio about them evacuating a couple of jails to the superdome. Through all the chaos of the storm and the aftermath they have lost track of who were prisoners and who were not. So they gave up and are just trying to get them all to Texas. So the prisoners are mixed in with the 20,000 population.

BTW I don't know if any of this is true or not. I haven't had time to look.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

its gonna get worse folks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

This just proves that after three days with out food, water, shelter you have total social break down. It really looks like a post apocalyptic movie on tv. To see an American city go to 3rd world status in a matter of days is scary. I can't says it enough to folks to prepare and have a plan to take care of you and your family. Let this be a learning lesson for all of us..
                    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Personally, I think this is BS. Having lived through Andrew, not to mention last year's hurricanes, it's all about the class of people. Down here in Florida, people pulled together. I remember Andrew when it wiped south Florida off the map..... you never saw people shooting at rescue workers. That is insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        Personally, I think this is BS. Having lived through Andrew, not to mention last year's hurricanes, it's all about the class of people. Down here in Florida, people pulled together. I remember Andrew when it wiped south Florida off the map..... you never saw people shooting at rescue workers. That is insanity.
                        Bingo!
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

Joe,
                          Where were you when Andrew hit?
                          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

I can't agree more. They are showing a complete lack of class.

Think about this.... Do these people seriously think that when they are evacuated they will be allowed to bring things they looted along?? Come on! Get real!

Yes officer, I just so happenned to have my pockets stuffed with my jewelry when my house flooded out. An that duffel bag full of new electronic equipment was a gift from my dad.

Sure!
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:
                            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                              I heard something on the radio about them evacuating a couple of jails to the superdome. Through all the chaos of the storm and the aftermath they have lost track of who were prisoners and who were not. So they gave up and are just trying to get them all to Texas. So the prisoners are mixed in with the 20,000 population.

BTW I don't know if any of this is true or not. I haven't had time to look.
                              I haven't read an article about this, but at the BBC site, they show a picture of many prisoners lounging around by the superdome.
                              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X