So what are gas prices today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are gas prices today?

I just paid $3.40 a gallon for premium. 20 cents more than yesterday, Here in Northern VA. I think D.C. is $3.70 a gallon. Not sure wolfman might know better.
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

www.gasbuddy.com An awsome resorce to find out where the cheeper gas is all over the place. This mornning it was 1.34 Cnd a liter.
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Here around Chicago, every gas station seems to have a different price.

Here are some to be noted

Citgo by my work in franklin park, IL
      $3.35
      $3.47
      $3.57

Citgo by my house in cicero, IL
      $3.45
      $3.46
      $3.47

Yes, that is not a typo, the gas prices went up in incriments of a penny.

Shell in outer suburbs
      $3.30
      $3.42
      $3.52

Shell I saw on the north side of the city
      $3.65
      $3.78
      $3.90
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

It's about $3.30 for regular around here...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I paid $2.99 yesterday for premium, and I topped off the Bird at $3.19 today (only took two gallons). I hope the end of rising prices is near...
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Most stations here have regular at 3.19 and premium (93) at 3.59 but I saw a station today that had it at 3.39 and 3.79 respectively. Sheesh!! And central PA is generally a bit lower than the national average. There's a tank farm near my house where the fuel trucks fill up. Maybe I'll have to sneak over with my gas can in the middle of the night and siphon some out!
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

3.04 here in dover de. Thats the cheapest. I went to a firecall at 8pm and it was 2.99 reg and I went to another call at 1:30am and it jumped to 3.04! Well atleast we dont have to buy oil by the gallon!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                3.04 here in dover de. Thats the cheapest. I went to a firecall at 8pm and it was 2.99 reg and I went to another call at 1:30am and it jumped to 3.04! Well atleast we dont have to buy oil by the gallon!
                You should have seen the jump in gas here by my work on wednesday. At about a quarter to 7 in the morning on my way to work, the sign read $2.99 for regular. By the time I left, that same gas station read $3.39!!!

40 cents in about 9 1/2 hours is insane!!!!!

Talk about inflation
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Just something interesting to note...
                  http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10705

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                  1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Originally posted by braindeadracefan
                    Just something interesting to note...
                    http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10705
                    5 months equals almost an extra dollar it seems

Comment

$3.15 at a Hess station in town. lol just 1/2 a mile down the road $3.69! What's up with that! That station had no cars, Hess had a car at every pump.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Some people keep mentioning inflation, and i think, that if prices keep rising they are going to be right, right now we are just getting scewed at the pump. Inflation is a steady rise in the cost of ALL goods, this is just gas. But what might happen is that rising gas prices could cuased a need for higher wages will then increase the cost of all goods, possibly leading to massive inflation which would be very bad when that crashed.....i hope that someone does something about it soon.

I know the pipes and refineries are down in New Orleans right now, but dont you guys think the gov't should do something??
                        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                          Inflation is a steady rise in the cost of ALL goods, this is just gas. But what might happen is that rising gas prices could cuased a need for higher wages will then increase the cost of all goods
                          Exactly! So even your gum is going to get more expensive! Rediculas that they would increase like this. Too bad the enviromentalists wont let us get into alaska. Supposedly with new technology we could be in and out w/out anyone even knowing.
                          99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                            Some people keep mentioning inflation, and i think, that if prices keep rising they are going to be right, right now we are just getting scewed at the pump. Inflation is a steady rise in the cost of ALL goods, this is just gas. But what might happen is that rising gas prices could cuased a need for higher wages will then increase the cost of all goods, possibly leading to massive inflation which would be very bad when that crashed.....i hope that someone does something about it soon.

I know the pipes and refineries are down in New Orleans right now, but dont you guys think the gov't should do something??
                            I should have realized that without my tone of voice no one would have any idea, but I was being extremely sarcastic with my inflation comment...thus the afterwards.

As for the pipes/refineries...I do think that the gov't should do something...but it just takes so darn long. It just seems like the government didn't have a contingency plan in regards with an oil shortage (or lack of the ability to refine oil actually).

I'm 100% with Jay on this whole matter though...our biggest priority is to try and find an alternate way of energy sources. Either that, or we need to find a way to make cars a lot more efficient than they are now. I remember reading how a 50 or so hp 1 seater 1 cylinder engine in a vehicle weighing 600 lbs. or so got over 1,700 miles to the gallon. It was a competetion between different universities I believe. Granted, that vehicle is different from a standard auto, but if we could expand upon this and apply it to our cars, I think it would be a nice leap in the right direction. Of course though, oil companies would need their money...so the prices would skyrocket. In the end though, I wouldn't mind spending, say 20 bucks a gallon (roughly 350 dollars or so for a full tank) if I only filled up once every couple months. In the end, it would be similar to what we are paying now, but at least our dependence on oil would drop, as well as reducing some of the emissions in to our atmosphere.

Comment

Gas is 2.89 for Reg. here... Its supposed to be going down soon something about taking the tax off gas for like 15 days or something...im not totallu sure... 2.89 is better than 3.09 :-(

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
                              **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
                              **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Working...
                              X