Newbie...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie...

Just sayin hello....long time lurker and now I finally have the f-body Ive been wanting so I figured it was time to join

Here are a few pics of the 'bird', she's all stock, v6 for now, but she's getting ready for an engine swap in the next few months....she's near perfect

Welcome!

Glad you found the car you wanted.

What do you have planned for it?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Welcome to the board! If you've been lurking for a while, you already know this is the best f-body forum on the net. Since you have a thirdgen, you also might want to try www.thirdgen.org A lot of thirdgen knowledge over there.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        Since you have a thirdgen, you also might want to try www.thirdgen.org A lot of thirdgen knowledge over there.
        Yeah, this board is mostly 4th gen guys. From what I notice anyway.

Do yourself a favor and keep that 6. I'm about to swap a 1.8L vtec into mine No point in owning a car I can't afford to fill up

Wanna buy an LT1?
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Welcome

I don't think I've ever seen a nice drop top 3rd gen bird that wasn't at a car show...looks beautiful...good choice!

I too am curious what you have planned for her
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

now thats a realy clean looking drop top there!

welcome.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Welcome to the board. Real clean 3rd gen. Good luck!
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Alright! another 3rd gen owner. if u get a chance check out team3rdgen.com, its like this board but mostly 3rd gens instead
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Welcome. Nice car. Have fun with her!

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments on the car!

A good friend of mine has a 383 stoker and transmission that came out of a 92 camaro sitting in his garage that's will probably be what ends up going in the bird...just need to find a rear-end and then I think I'll be set

Comment

Originally posted by MissAmazing
                        Thanks for the welcome and the compliments on the car!

A good friend of mine has a 383 stoker and transmission that came out of a 92 camaro sitting in his garage that's will probably be what ends up going in the bird...just need to find a rear-end and then I think I'll be set
                        well, be prepared to spend some bucks...that conversion to a 6cyl. car is not cheap. good luck.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by MissAmazing
                          just need to find a rear-end and then I think I'll be set
                          Don't forget your suspension...you'll need to upgrade that with the extra weight of the motor. I've never done a V6 to V8 swap, but I believe a better cooling system, motor mounts, possibly trans mount/crossmember, possibly a driveshaft, possibly fuel lines, and other misc. parts would be in order.

Good luck with it!
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                          X