compression test reads 155 cross the broad
    560cc injectors
    walbro 255 fuel pump
    s-afc
    2600 act clutch with street disk
    tranny shifts perfect, motor runs perfect no leaks or smoke
    all modds listed have about 3k miles on them if that
    car ran a 12.7 @ 109 a few months ago

Something about a de-badged 1G DSM that goes "buh duhh.. buh duhh.. buh duh..." when it idles puts fear into people's eyes!!

Here's a quick video.. The video doesn't give the same sense of speed though

http://cousinlarry.com/videos/cars/talon090405.wmv

The cams sound insane.
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

I have always loved those cars. Awesome man, just awesome. Have fun with that mitsu, I always have a ball with mine. Just be careful with that trans and drivetrain and your timing components.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

nice.... I sometimes thought about getting one of those. I did however have bad experiences with Mitsubishi products so I swore I would never do it again. The all wheel drive at that performance level would be nice to have. I almost bought a Syclone because of the awd and turbo. I still might look into it one day.

Comment

btw, with those mods that car should be running faster than a 12.7, maybe that last driver wasn't very good. Get that thing to the track for a real run!
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Nice fart can ya ricer!!! j/k

Awesome! Sounded great in the vid....I especially love the sound of a turbo
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Nice ride. My buddy had a white '91 Talon, except it was the non-turbo model. Still pretty quick. I can imagine how much quicker with the turbo and mods. Have fun with it.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Not a bad car....

Although, I have never heard ONE good thing about those Turbo Talons... I was looking at buying one of those, and all I heard was valve problems. Appearently, if the turbo ever misfires it shoots the piston through the valves, and the problem was never fixed with the later models.

Maybe thats why they dont make anymore????

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                if the turbo ever misfires it shoots the piston through the valves,

Hahahaa... I think you need to talk to a different group of people There is no such thing. In fact, these are very reliable turbo cars.

Thanks for the compliments guys.. I'm having lots of fun with it. I'll be taking it to the track as soon as I sign up for AAA

Don't want to take any chances when the nearest trach is about 100 miles away
                99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                  Hahahaa... I think you need to talk to a different group of people There is no such thing. In fact, these are very reliable turbo cars.

Thanks for the compliments guys.. I'm having lots of fun with it. I'll be taking it to the track as soon as I sign up for AAA

Don't want to take any chances when the nearest trach is about 100 miles away
                  Yea, I definitly could be wrong, this is what I heard. However, I may have mixed the wording up, or used the wrong word somewhere. My knowledge too cars isnt up their, thats for sure. But I'm definitly sure that I have read and heard from many various places/peoples... is the valves are bad with talons.

Just my 2 penny's.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                    Yea, I definitly could be wrong, this is what I heard. However, I may have mixed the wording up, or used the wrong word somewhere. My knowledge too cars isnt up their, thats for sure. But I'm definitly sure that I have read and heard from many various places/peoples... is the valves are bad with talons.

Just my 2 penny's.
                    Any turbo car always runs a bigger risk of burning valves, especially if it isn't originally set-up for turbo. That's no secret. With that said, the early Talons/Eclipses are actually pretty reliable. What you may have heard about is someone throwing a much larger turbo on. That's always a receipe for disaster.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Let me set the whole discussion straight. Mitsubishis are notorious for blowing headgaskets. Also, if you up the boost and go beyond the fuel system capabilities, you can burn a hole in a piston. Don't bother asking me how I know, just know that I have first hand experience.

Comment

Yes, that's mitsu.

And yes, the valve is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          LMitsubishis are notorious for blowing headgaskets. Also, if you up the boost and go beyond the fuel system capabilities, you can burn a hole in a piston.
                          First time I upped the boost on my car I blew a head gasket. Went to 15 PSI and it blew after a few runs. I was so excited to get that boost controller, I put it on, and that night I had it towed home in need of a new head gasket.

Comment

I had a 1990 Plymouth Laser. Essentially a Mitsu. It wasn't even a FI motor and it blew the head gasket after just a few months. I fixed that and then a month later it had to go into the machine shop to get a complete valve job done. They told me that they couldnt count how many DSM'S they got in with blown headgaskets and valvetrain problems. Everybody I knew that had one sold it because of constant problems.

That is a clean looking car for a 91 Jeff.

Comment

1 question...

Werent Mitsu's & Talon's basicaly the same??? Didnt they all use that JDM motor?

Comment

Working...
                              X