Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A list of countries offering to help after Katrina...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A list of countries offering to help after Katrina...

A lot have been critisizing other countries for not offering to help, but here's a list of which countries are helping and what they're sending.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/kat...aid/index.html
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Two countries really stand out...

Qatar in the Middle East $100,000,000 --- yes, that's $100 million!!!

Japan ------ $200,000

I really dislike the Japanese. I'm starting to think they are just as bad as the French. What do you think?

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Japan ------ $200,000

I really dislike the Japanese. I'm starting to think they are just as bad as the French. What do you think?

My company's donation currently stands at $100,000. We have a little over 3,000 employees.

Pathetic, Japan.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I'm deploying to Qatar in a week, good to know they are friendly.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

qatar is a wealthy country, they can definately afford it.
          Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by wood
            I'm deploying to Qatar in a week, good to know they are friendly.
            It is still hot there. Just be glad you didn't leave in August.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Japan ------ $200,000

Giving $200K is more of a slap in the face than if they gave nothing at all. That's okay.... When the Japanese baseball league was growing short on superstar-caliber players, we gave them Julio Franco.

I'll take the $200,000 and run, thanks.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                That's okay.... When the Japanese baseball league was growing short on superstar-caliber players, we gave them Julio Franco.
                Yea but we got him back and he's just amazing. http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...ayer_id=212297
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  Yea but we got him back and he's just amazing. http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...ayer_id=212297
                  Yeah... Freakin' Braves. They turn stinkin' piles of %&*# into gold. Oh well... We also sent them an old Braves star, turned flop back in the 80's (Bob Horner).
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

Yeah... Freakin' Braves. They turn stinkin' piles of %&*# into gold. Oh well... We also sent them an old Braves star, turned flop back in the 80's (Bob Horner).
                    Bad wrist Horner. I was at a game where he set a record by hitting 4 home runs in back to back at bats.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      Bad wrist Horner. I was at a game where he set a record by hitting 4 home runs in back to back at bats.
                      Plus he had this weakness for food.

You have to understand, Jeff. I'm a bitter Mets fan. The freakin' Braves always beat us, and it just wears on you after, I don't know.... 14 years. They did it again last night. Chipper What grown man would want to be called "Chipper"? Larry isn't such a bad name... better than "Chipper"!!!

Sorry... Bitter Mets fan coming through again.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Plus he had this weakness for food.

You have to understand, Jeff. I'm a bitter Mets fan. The freakin' Braves always beat us, and it just wears on you after, I don't know.... 14 years. They did it again last night. Chipper What grown man would want to be called "Chipper"? Larry isn't such a bad name... better than "Chipper"!!!

Sorry... Bitter Mets fan coming through again.
                        Bitter is right. LOL

Comment

I'm gonna have to chime in....

Both of you guys have no idea how frustrating it is to be a....

CUBS fan....

bitter mets fan...pfft... Try not winning a world series in 97 years....not being in the series for 60 years

On a side note....I did see them beat the mets back in early may Too bad we got swept at shea

Saw 'em beat the pirates also...11-1...saw my second grand slam too

Saw em lose to the white sox, and the bluejays as well.

2-2 for the year ain't bad for a team 5 games under .500
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                            I'm gonna have to chime in....

Both of you guys have no idea how frustrating it is to be a....

CUBS fan....

bitter mets fan...pfft... Try not winning a world series in 97 years....not being in the series for 60 years

On a side note....I did see them beat the mets back in early may Too bad we got swept at shea

Saw 'em beat the pirates also...11-1...saw my second grand slam too

Saw em lose to the white sox, and the bluejays as well.

2-2 for the year ain't bad for a team 5 games under .500
                            If Boston can do it, the Cubs can do it. Keep the hope alive!!
                            Dave M

Comment

Working...
                            X