I think we're really getting ripped at the gas pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we're really getting ripped at the gas pumps

I filled the T/A up with premium and all of a sudden, I'm getting 2-3º knock retard even at half throttle. I think "premium" wasn't quite so premium. I wasn't getting any knock retard before the fillup, all of a sudden now I have it. My advice is we all better be a little careful, most likely other stations are pulling a little switcheroo.

Along those lines, my boss went to fill up his SUV Wednesday night, and all the regular pumps had bags over them. You know the drill, "we're all out of regular, all we have is plus and premium." Uh huh. Guy at the pump next to him says "hey, they're not out of regular, they're just to change the prices. Try the regular pump, I just did, it will work." Sure enough, he put the regular pump in and there was plenty. Bunch of crooks. But at least there were two people who got the better of them.

Next time I see a bag over the pump, I'm trying it anyway.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

tried to fill up my commuter van, the pumps cut off at 75.00 wont let you go more than that.... went inside, the people said "because of drive offs".... i said... i used a $^* credit card, how you gonna get ripped off? i prepaid!"

no answer.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        tried to fill up my commuter van, the pumps cut off at 75.00 wont let you go more than that.... went inside, the people said "because of drive offs".... i said... i used a $^* credit card, how you gonna get ripped off? i prepaid!"

no answer.
        you're lucky...the ones around here shut off at $50.

and now Handy-Mart has a $35 limit regardless of method of payment...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
          you're lucky...the ones around here shut off at $50.

and now Handy-Mart has a $35 limit regardless of method of payment...
          How do they do that? Can't you just turn the pump back on, run your card, and pump gas again?
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyerPoot
            Along those lines, my boss went to fill up his SUV Wednesday night, and all the regular pumps had bags over them. You know the drill, "we're all out of regular, all we have is plus and premium." Uh huh. Guy at the pump next to him says "hey, they're not out of regular, they're just to change the prices. Try the regular pump, I just did, it will work." Sure enough, he put the regular pump in and there was plenty. Bunch of crooks. But at least there were two people who got the better of them.

Next time I see a bag over the pump, I'm trying it anyway.

If they claim they're out of regular but the mid-grade still supposedly works, you know they're trying to screw you. Mid grade is nothing but regular and premium mixed together.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              How do they do that? Can't you just turn the pump back on, run your card, and pump gas again?
              At the Handy Mart by my house, the cashier has to authorize the pump for each transaction, even credit cards at the pump.

I don't go there anyway. I know the Son of the owners at the Mom & Pop station right down the street, so I go there for gas etc., same price as HM.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Shuts off at $35.00? Wow. That would give me less than half a tank of premium in the T/A.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X