NFB At Wits End!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB At Wits End!

I'm sorry but I have to vent here. I'm hoping theres someone here that has kids that can help me out. I have 3 sons 22, 20 and 18. My 22 year old has a speeding ticket collection from 3 diffrent states, total I think its 8 or 9. Because there in 3 diffrent states he dosnt have a lot of points on his licience here in New York. His last ticket is is for 109 in a 65 I know this may sound meen but I was hoping the judge would through the book at him to try to teach him a lesson. But he got the ticket reduced to 4 points and a $250 fine. After many fines and driving schools he hasnt learned a thing and quite frankly I'm worried he will kill himself or someone else. Tonight was the last straw, I took my boys out for dinner and was following them home. They all had there own cars. What I saw scared the heck out of me. My 18 year old was in front while my 22 year old was behind him. The 20 year old was behind him. They were all tailgating the car in front of them,(good thing there was someone in front of then because they would have been FLYING down the 35 MPH speed limit street). When he had the chance I saw my 22 year old go into the on comming traffic lane and try to pass the 18 year old(it was a 2 land street). He tried to block him from passing. all the while there was oncomming traffic in the left lane He did finally pass and they got home ok. Then I layed into the 3 of them for driving like JERKS!!!! OMG I was livid!!!! I know we all do dumb things in our cars espically when we were young and I do have a great relationship with my kids but I'm really worried thast statistics will eventually catch up with them. What can I do or say that will make a diffrence??? I told them all about Ken and the tradgic incident with his son. I talk to them a lot about saftey and it dosnt seem to sink in. They all seem to think, espically the oldest, that the road is there racetrack. How do I get them to slow down?? Can I??? Should I just pray?? I'm so frustrated now I dont know what to do. I do want to add that my kids are pretty good. I dont have many problems with them. There all going to college and are pretty responsable. THere not bad kids but there just making bad choices when it comes to driving. Opionions, comments feedback are welcome.
    1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Are they on your insurance? If they are take them off.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

The oldest just went on his own, the other two are on there mothers insurance. They dont live with me. I dont believe I'll get any help from my ex. She'll talk big but do nothing.
      1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Cars give you a varry false sense of security. I remember in highschool at an assembly and I saw some drunk driving video of wreaked cars, it was unbelievable and untill you see something like that it's hard to believe. The youngest one being 18 they should be responsible enough not to do anything crazzy.
          At that age you feel like you can do anything and anyone saying you can't isn't worth listening too. Unless you have a major source of leverage (can take away there car) Even if you do you cant know what they do 100% of the time. Remember yourself at that age and also remember there adults and sometimes you have to let them learn themselfs.
          In highschool I know people who drove on the sidewalk and down a major one way street downtown going the wrong way. My advice to you is if they right off there cars doing something stupid dont bail them out, make them learn the hard way. They may get mad at you but in the end the become better for it.
          94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Not to hijack, but any suggestions on how to deal with a similar problem, only it's my 27 year old husband who just got a ticket for 90 in a 65... grr...

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
            1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Working...
            X