Looking for some good fix a flat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some good fix a flat.

Looking for the best kind of fix a flat I can find. I no longer have a spare tire or jack so I'm just going to run with some fix a flat and a mini compressor. I hear some stuff called tire slime works pretty good so I was thinking about trying that. Any suggestings?
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

I would really like to see the inside of a wheel after someone has used fix-a-flat or slime in it.

Where do you live? I have a 15" spare tire out of my car that I can no longer use. It won't fit my LS1 brakes.

I travel with a tire plug kit and a air compressor too.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      I would really like to see the inside of a wheel after someone has used fix-a-flat or slime in it.

Where do you live? I have a 15" spare tire out of my car that I can no longer use. It won't fit my LS1 brakes.

I travel with a tire plug kit and a air compressor too.
      I have a wheel from my old Blazer with fix-a-flat all over the inside of it. It looks nasty, but comes right off with a plastic scraper and some cleaner (simple green, Wesley's, etc...).

A friend of mine who works at the local Costco Tire Center told me that if enough Fix-a-flat is used on a tire, it can throw off the balance. He's done a few cars where the owner thought they lost a wheel weight or shifted a belt. Come to find out, they had a small leak and loaded it up with Fix-a-flat.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

tire sealants suk. period. i know .... it can get you down the road....yada yada...

but some of that crud seeps in between the inner linner and the casing when you use it and starts degrading the bond of the inner linner to the inside of the time.

somepeople us it and just keep on running because the tire no longer leaks...thats a real no no.... eventually, air migrates between the inner linner and casing, carrying with it moisture, to the belt package... then the rust starts, from the inside out...you dont know its happening, till one day a belt gives loose...then you lose the tire.......blow out...whatever...

if you use the stuff, get the tire properly repaired asap...same applies to a plug... the are not an acceptable tire repair.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          tire sealants suk. period. i know .... it can get you down the road....yada yada...

but some of that crud seeps in between the inner linner and the casing when you use it and starts degrading the bond of the inner linner to the inside of the time.

somepeople us it and just keep on running because the tire no longer leaks...thats a real no no.... eventually, air migrates between the inner linner and casing, carrying with it moisture, to the belt package... then the rust starts, from the inside out...you dont know its happening, till one day a belt gives loose...then you lose the tire.......blow out...whatever...

if you use the stuff, get the tire properly repaired asap...same applies to a plug... the are not an acceptable tire repair.
          What do YOU know about tires, Ken?

J/K
          D&R
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X