Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropical Depression 16 (Maybe TS Ophelia)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Depression 16 (Maybe TS Ophelia)

"Newly formed Tropical Depression 16 (see Tropical Update) may be Tropical Storm Ophelia by tomorrow morning, creeping north-northwestward off the east coast of Florida."

Joe, what did Florida do to piss off the Hurricane Gods?

Originally posted by fastTA

Joe, what did Florida do to piss off the Hurricane Gods?
    I'll tell you....... I survived with a vengeance! Seriously though, I don't know what we're going to do if we continue the wet trend. There are areas around here that still look like New Orleans and it's a year later. Next time I pass by one of these area, I'm going to snap a few photos. Folks won't believe that there are still homes with water up to the bottom of the windows. The area that I live in is high ground, so I am reasonably safe from flooding, but that puts me more at risk for wind damage.

Comment

looks like the carolinas will get something

Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
        The NWS and NOAA can't seem to make up their mind on the projected path. Hopefully it will drift out to sea.

Comment

I was watching The Weather Channel last night about this. Supposedly, there is a high pressure system that could move in from the west and push it out to sea. They are monitoring that system closely and hoping for the best.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
            I was watching The Weather Channel last night about this. Supposedly, there is a high pressure system that could move in from the west and push it out to sea. They are monitoring that system closely and hoping for the best.
            Typically if the high pressure system is north of the tropical system it drives the system west since the winds in a high pressure flow clock wise.

There was a front that passed through 2 days ago that it might get caught up in and drag it north east but the front was very week.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Well it is now officially a TS. Moving to the Northwest at 8 mph. Looks like Florida has already been getting some significant rain from this.

Comment

It's all the Soviets.

They have developed a way to control the weather and are doing this to get back at us for the cold war.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  It's all the Soviets.

They have developed a way to control the weather and are doing this to get back at us for the cold war.
                  Blame it all on the commies!
                  94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    It's all the Soviets.

I thought it was always Bush's fault. There must be some poor person there that he is after.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      Typically if the high pressure system is north of the tropical system it drives the system west since the winds in a high pressure flow clock wise.

There was a front that passed through 2 days ago that it might get caught up in and drag it north east but the front was very week.
                      Correct. This sytem was coming from the Southwest, moving towards the Northeast. They were hoping it would intervene with the storm somewhere off the coast of Georgia, but it was a long shot.

I just hope it doesn't gather more speed.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                        I thought it was always Bush's fault. There must be some poor person there that he is after.
                        Maybe Bush is in league with the Commies!! I knew it was a conspiracy!!!!

lol
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red

What about the one to the right of it? Where is it going?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                            What about the one to the right of it? Where is it going?
                            Exactly what I was thinking That one seems a little angrier
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Nate is goin out to sea and won't be a problem to anyone. I'm perdicting that Opheila will circle around to the east and come back to hit Florida.
                              Richard Harvey Jr.
                              '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X