Randy Moss + Raiders = So Far (First Half) So Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Moss + Raiders = So Far (First Half) So Good

I'm a Moss fan. I'm an all around football fan. I'm very happy right now, football has started.

Go Bears

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

You can't be happy about it late in the game.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Football? Who cares Hockey starts in less then a month!

hehe jk I haven't realy followed the NFL in a few years and was suprised to find out Buffalo actuly has a team again. How the NFL is set up is great, every team can get a shot at being on top for a while and for a fan thats great.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Raiders or even the 49ers (Ya big stretch) do well but I want to see Fluty get his ring too.
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Yea but no one is as exciting to watch as Michael Vick is. You just hold your breath when he touches the bal because something amazing could happen at any second.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I like Randy Moss only for what he did in Green Bay last year during the playoffs when he mooned the fans after a TD. I hate him for what he did to the bears...even though the bears almost always found a way to shut him down. But I guess that's what happens when you play that brick wall of a defense known as...DA BEARS (said in an snl super fan chicago accent).

Personally, I hate the raiders and the patriots...but would have rather seen the pats win...which they did.

As for Michael Vick....man is that guy exciting to watch. He plays a totally different game than any other QB...he just has his own style.

That's the one thing I like about football currently...there are so many different styles for different teams. The Eagles can just do it all...offense and defense. The Pats win with their coaching....smart plays...solid defense that also picks a lot of right plays and read the O well. The falcons are all over the place...you never know what to expect. If their D could hold it down a tad better, they would really be a force to be reckoned with. The colts are the perfection of offense...straight text book offense. Peyton just watches film, finds out what he needs to know about his opponents, and just picks away at them at every snap. Then there's da bears...typically monster of the midway football. Low scoring...tons of D. Man we need a QB though. I hope Kyle Orton can lead this team to something this year.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Yeah, the Pats turned it up second half, more pressure on Kerry.

My second team is the Viks, so I have always liked Moss, and I'm Naturally attracted to the flashy/cocky players... makes it exciting.

As for Da Bears... Daaaaaaaaaaa Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears!!!!!! Playin the Skins with Orton as QB. Should be fun.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
              As for Da Bears... Daaaaaaaaaaa Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears!!!!!! Playin the Skins with Orton as QB. Should be fun.
              My prediction for da game...bears nine hundred seventy two...skins...negative thirty seven.

DDDDDAAAAAA BBBEEEAAARRRSSS

In all seriousness, I say bears take it 13-10...but we'll see about that
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I'm a long-time Steelers fan. I've had the NFL SUnday Ticket since it's inception and love every minute of it. I hope the Steelers devestate the Titans on Sunday.

My take on Michael Vick - He is hands down, the most exciting and best athlete in the league. It is extremely fun to watch him every play.... Unless you're a Falcons fan. He's a sure receipe to get injured again, and he really is just not a great QB. Strong arm, great pocket presence, poor accuracy. Until he learns to sit tight in the pocket longer, he may have an injury-shortened career. Just my '02

Go Black & Gold!!!
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  My take on Michael Vick - He is hands down, the most exciting and best athlete in the league. It is extremely fun to watch him every play.... Unless you're a Falcons fan. He's a sure receipe to get injured again, and he really is just not a great QB. Strong arm, great pocket presence, poor accuracy. Until he learns to sit tight in the pocket longer, he may have an injury-shortened career. Just my '02
                  Actually I disagree. Vick was never a pocket passer. At Virginia Tech he was an out of pocket bootleg quarterback. He'd roll out of the pocket and if he had someone to pass to he would otherwise he would tuck the ball and run. At Atlanta, they are trying to get him to be a pocket passer mostly to try and protect him from getting hurt so he can play more. This has taken him out of what he does best. He has what might be the strongest arm in pro football. His shortcoming no pun intended is that he is short. One of the benefits of rolling out of the pocket is that you no longer have to look over the linemen which is can't do. So making him stay in the pocket means he can't see the field as well and doesn't always make the best passes or gets intercepted. He cut back on his interceptions a lot last year. Nobody is perfect when they have to change the way the play like that. Give him some time. He was a lot better last year than the year before. I'm sure he'll be better this year baring getting hurt like you say. The offensive line needs to do a better job protecting him this year compared to last. They didn't do so great last year which forced Vick to scramble.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

They had interviewed Michael Vick and Jim Mora on sportscenter. I'm pretty much almost quoting Mora word for word..."I cannot be the one to interfere in watching the most entertaining and creative player do what he does best. I will not deny Atlanta fans from seeing what he is capable of doing." Vick also said that Mora pretty much just tells him to play his game. They do want him to stay in the pocket as long as possible, but Vick pretty much has the authority to do whatever he feels like when he's on the field.

Although this runs the risk of him getting hurt, I think this is a good decision. As time goes on, he will learn the game at the NFL level better, and become smarter...but scrambling and trying to make something out of nothing is his game and he's the best in the NFL at doing just that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                      They had interviewed Michael Vick and Jim Mora on sportscenter. I'm pretty much almost quoting Mora word for word..."I cannot be the one to interfere in watching the most entertaining and creative player do what he does best. I will not deny Atlanta fans from seeing what he is capable of doing." Vick also said that Mora pretty much just tells him to play his game. They do want him to stay in the pocket as long as possible, but Vick pretty much has the authority to do whatever he feels like when he's on the field.
                      That is different than what they were saying last year. They were trying to teach him how to be a pocket passer. That's why he got hurt 2 years ago. Maybe now they realize that you can't stop what comes natural and try to make someone something they are not.
                      Although this runs the risk of him getting hurt, I think this is a good decision. As time goes on, he will learn the game at the NFL level better, and become smarter...but scrambling and trying to make something out of nothing is his game and he's the best in the NFL at doing just that .
                      That is the truth. It's going to be an exciting year in Atlanta. I'm excited and I have never really been in to football.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Comment

I personally don't think he gave Atlanta as much credit as they deserve. Granted, he has them as number five, but I definitely think they are a better team than the jets. I don't know if they will make it to the big game this year, but I do see them playing in the NFC Championship game again.

He also ranked the bears at number 30.... Might have to send Ditka and Butkus over to his offices and teach him a lesson or two

Although the bears aren't the greatest team, I definitely think they are better than the Titans and Dolphins which he has ranked ahead of them for the bottom five. The bears have a good team...just no leader, no QB.

Comment

I agree 100% that Vick needs to be allowed to roam the field. That's what kind of QB he is. With that said, I still believe Vick is too much about the run. Ron Jaworski was talking about it on NFL Live last week (I usually take his word as football gospel). He basically said why it creates a problem for both the other team as well as his own...

On the NFL level, teams are much smarter and better prepared for game-planning than college teams are. When a QB has the ability to break from the pocket like Vick, it can create problems for many defenses, especially those that are larger than they are fast.

However, the Falcons own receivers have voiced concern in the past over how unpredictable Vick can be. A great many of his picks are attributed to having confused his WR's out of their routes. Here's where I think Peerless Price got somewhat of a raw deal.

Anyway... Against playoff defenses, teams that can stop the run have just stacked the line with 8 or 9 guys, and basically taken the running game (Vick included) out of the mix. This is why he needs to learn how to step up in the pocket and make nice, crisp throws. Tampa Bay and Philly both shut Vick down when it mattered.

He's got the arm, and he's got the speed. If he puts it all together, look out. He's on the cusp of greatness, but not quite there yet.
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

I personally don't think he gave Atlanta as much credit as they deserve. Granted, he has them as number five, but I definitely think they are a better team than the jets. I don't know if they will make it to the big game this year, but I do see them playing in the NFC Championship game again.

He also ranked the bears at number 30.... Might have to send Ditka and Butkus over to his offices and teach him a lesson or two

Although the bears aren't the greatest team, I definitely think they are better than the Titans and Dolphins which he has ranked ahead of them for the bottom five. The bears have a good team...just no leader, no QB.
                              I'm picking the Bears as an NFC playoff sleeper. They play in a weakened division, they have a solid defense with several playmakers, they have a good running combo with Benson and Jones, and the NFC is just plain bad. I know I'm going out on a limb, but they are my NFC sleeper pick.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X