1/4mile,horsepower, 0-60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4mile,horsepower, 0-60

Does anyone know,or have a link to the figures for 94 3.4l v6 and a z28.. Just interested, were abouts my v6 would be I played about with a G-tech (which are supposed to be rubbish anyway) And it came up with 17.45secs on the 1/4, 8.9 secs 0-60, 164bhp! After a couple of days the G-tech fell off the window,hit the shifter and now does not even switch on! Probably the best thing for it!
    Screaming Mad
    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
    0-60 7.74
    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 14.2

1993 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 9.0 16.6

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3800 7.4 15.7

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

thanks for that, amazing what info you can gain from this forum! Brilliant link, is there a reliable way Ican checkmy performace without having to embaress myself on the drag strip?!! surly I should be better than 16.6 with making my engine breath?? G-tech every one says inacurate, is there a good option? thanks again, brilliant link!
      Screaming Mad
      Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
      0-60 7.74
      1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

I beg to differ. G-techs can be very accurate. I ran mine several times at the strip along with the strip timers. The ET was always witin a tenth in ET. It was the MPH that read a little high on the g-tech. If dialed in properly, your ET from the G-tech is on the money. The part where g-techs are rubbish is the fact that it fried. I had a couple of them do that. Now I have a bell tech vector. Better readouts and more durable.

Comment

Cheers joe, ill HAVE A look at bell, yer g-tech seem very temperemental! they dont like falling thats for sure!
          Screaming Mad
          0-60 7.74
          1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Comment

I even had one fry right in my own hand and I didn't even drop it! I turned it on, the numbers lit up and then...... bzzt. G-tech's quality bites. My vector really outshines the g-tech pro. It even gives stuff like 60' times and such. Clever device. Damned accurate too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              I even had one fry right in my own hand and I didn't even drop it! I turned it on, the numbers lit up and then...... bzzt. G-tech's quality bites. My vector really outshines the g-tech pro. It even gives stuff like 60' times and such. Clever device. Damned accurate too.
              About how much do the Vectors run, Joe? I was interested in a G-Tech until I read this.

Thanks.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I second G-tech's accuracy. When bone stock, I tested 0-60 and got 5.4, which is really close to stock. When it becomes inaccurate is when going up or down hills. It throws off the G-forces and gives screwy numbers. Don't forget, the hp numbers are rear wheel, and should be measured in a lower gear. Even then, 164 hp isn't bad...that equates to ~200 flywheel horsepower. Isn't it supposed to be 168 stock?
                However, mine didn't fry...rather, I let a "friend" borrow it, and he never returned it
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  I second G-tech's accuracy. When bone stock, I tested 0-60 and got 5.4, which is really close to stock. When it becomes inaccurate is when going up or down hills. It throws off the G-forces and gives screwy numbers. Don't forget, the hp numbers are rear wheel, and should be measured in a lower gear. Even then, 164 hp isn't bad...that equates to ~200 flywheel horsepower. Isn't it supposed to be 168 stock?
                  However, mine didn't fry...rather, I let a "friend" borrow it, and he never returned it
                  that really bugs me when u lend something and it dont come back so by your reconing i got 32bhp from putting on headers catback and k&n? is that about right or is that impossible?
                  Screaming Mad
                  0-60 7.74
                  1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Comment

I'm not quite sure how the 3.4 responds to mods, but I'm guessing thats a pretty good number. How do you know the car's weight? Do you have to enter that to get the estimated RWHP?
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                      I'm not quite sure how the 3.4 responds to mods, but I'm guessing thats a pretty good number. How do you know the car's weight? Do you have to enter that to get the estimated RWHP?
                      The cars mass is on the inside of my drivers door, put that into the g- tech, hammer car throught 1 2 gear and hey presto a bhp number!
                      Screaming Mad
                      0-60 7.74
                      1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Comment

The "mass" shown on the door sticker is not the weight of the vehicle, as typically driven on the street of "raced". That's the gross loaded weight with a full complement of passengers and a load in the trunk.

Look at the table at the bottom of this page for factory weights. Then add your weight and any unusual items that you may have in the car.

http://www.f-body.org/tech/tech.htm#FourthGen
                        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                          About how much do the Vectors run, Joe? I was interested in a G-Tech until I read this.

Thanks.
                          I seem to recall $100 new? Can't exactly recall on that one. There are two models, one that will store and download multiple runs to a computer and the base one that I have which has no download capability. From personal experience, this unit is way better quality than a g-tech pro.

Comment

Working...
                          X