Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting deployed.

Hey gang,

I'm leaving tommorow for Al Udeid airbase in Qatar. People deployed to Iraq go there for their vacations so it can't be too bad. I volunteered for it for the experiance.. I actually volunteered for Balad airbase in Iraq but they changed it up on me. I'll watching Third country nationals work on base.

So, if you don't hear for me for four months you know why. I'll be singing christmas carols in the sandbox heh. There is internet over there, but they filter out everything cool so I doubt I'll be able to post here.

anyway.. afk.

P.S. I'll be coming back with 8,000 some odd dollars so they IROC will get some much needed love .

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

good ruck and be safe man
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by wood
      Hey gang,

I'm leaving tommorow for Al Udeid airbase in Qatar. People deployed to Iraq go there for their vacations so it can't be too bad. I volunteered for it for the experiance.. I actually volunteered for Balad airbase in Iraq but they changed it up on me. I'll watching Third country nationals work on base.

So, if you don't hear for me for four months you know why. I'll be singing christmas carols in the sandbox heh. There is internet over there, but they filter out everything cool so I doubt I'll be able to post here.

anyway.. afk.

P.S. I'll be coming back with 8,000 some odd dollars so they IROC will get some much needed love .
      You will be able to post there, no problem. At least you are going when it is relatively cool. I've never been in a place as hot AND humid as Qatar in the summertime. You will also get your alcohol drink card which enables you to buy a couple drinks on post. Balad sucks, last time I was there, incoming mortars killed some people.

Count your blessings.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Hey all,

I'm back from this. I made like ten grand and I just ordered a 91-92 rear bumper and the rocker panals and mouldings all the way around and a new front bumper too. I went to several body shops and they were all quoting me three grand for just the parts. I got all the parts I needed from www.hawksthirdgenparts.com. I called up there and he had just gotten a broke down 92 camaro. I got the ground effects, front and rear bumper, and everything that comes with it for $800. Keep in mind the three thousand dollar quotes I was getting were for after market parts, 91-92 rocker panals are evidently discontinued.

Anyway, once I get all those parts put on I'm planning on putting on a set of 17inch Crager torque thrust II's. Then my car will be right where I want it as far as asthetics goes.

Anyway, that's all I have if you have any advice on anything else you think I should do to my car just let me know.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

glad to see your back.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Glad you returned safely.

It sounds as if you are doing all the right things to the exterior of the car. As long as the drivetrain is in nice shape, you should be headed in the right direction.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

thanks for protecting us at home...we're all happy to see you made it home safe and sound. Now, get working on your car.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Welcome back. Thanks for all you do. Now, let the mods begin.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X