No announcement yet.

welp..when i do it, i do it right......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welp..when i do it, i do it right......

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh

a week shy of six months...since I took delivery of the goat....... and she's only seen a tiny bit of rain one time...i managed to get home and in the garage before major foofy happend...... :drink:

left for the gym after tennis today around 1pm.....not a cloud in the sky...

guy walks up to me in the gym....."think it'll rain"?.....i ran outside and looked up... a few sparse black cloud systems scattered around..........nawww aint gonna do it...went back inside to finish the routine......

still no rain........2 hrs later.

came out... walked to the lower 40 where the goat was parked..and "plink........plink......plink ... PLINK PLINK (huge drops) started to fall. there was one big black cloud...right over me.... you could see the sun in the distance to the east, the west, south, and north.....but this beamouth of a cloud was like.....looking down saying "your dead meat wolfdogs......gotacha"....

the road was still dry..so i thought, ill get a jump on it and outrun this tyrant....

vrrrommmmmmmm

got on the interstate..... doing 80...headed home... well, this cloud spun up its turbo's....the next thing i know...it was raining so hard that cars were pulling off on the shoulders......aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

right lane.....50 yrds behind the car in front...to keep flying chit to minimum.... 10 min later...almost to my exit...total sunshine... drove home..pulled into the driveway......(the pain and suffering was ripping me apart......i was vomitus)...got out and surveyed the damage....... poor baby.... she was marked.....marked with rain-to road debrit....water spots and dirt rings........

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

i fell the driveway on my knees....dry heaving and clawing at the pavement..... looked up at the sky and cursed mother nature........ :drink:

went in the house, took the dogs out for thier afternoon ball chasing romp....got em worn out..told mary...."ill be busy for a while........." (she knew anyway).

bathed her with kid gloves and baby strokes....tons of thick soap and micro fiber wash mit.....

dryed her with care, every crevace, even used q-tips to get into some.....

when I was done...i knew i owed her..after all..i could have gone back in the gym and waited till that tyrant of a pos cloud was gone......but no..i had to try and outsmart it......

so..........

and for you zaino users, i learned a new trick (and come on non zaino dudes, dont start the typical crap please)......

i mixed up a half a vial of z2pro and added zfx, then i added a quick squirt of the new z8 ..the ultimate detailer.... boy did the polish go on thin, the way i like it.....and it came off very easy...easier than without it ...and lets face it , zaino comes off easy anyway.......

she purred ..........dressed for the presidents ball now......so i pulled her in the garage, covered her.....and patted her spoiler goodnight.......

yup...............

one other thing........

im proud to say, i dont have the water leak........ she was dry as a bone after that monsoon driving at some high speeds and low and sitting the driveway getting the full shower spray from the hose over and over........

ok, sat. night, feasting on Taco's with tons of my home grown pep's cut up in em.....coors light......relaxed tv and farting with the goldens and wolfdog......

so you guys have fun.......

checks ya laters.......

(forgive me ......for I have soaked my goat.)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Kermie...I think you've finally lost it

I think your Brill Cream has finally caused you to go insane...

Either that, or you've been dippin' in the kibble again...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

twas a funnin thing...........

almost......

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Uh, oh...... I think maybe the zaino on the scalp wasn't such a good idea after all.

Comment

Oh, man what a disaster! You've got a ton of work ahead of you yet to finish cleaning up the damage from that rain. The effort you've put in so far sounds pathetic, there is so much more to do. You'll need to put the car up on a lift, remove the wheels and powerwash the bottom to get any dirt off the undercarriage. follow up with a rag and simple green to get it back to new. There will be a bit of disassembly required up front around the wheel-houses to get the dirt off the back sides of the splash panels. clean up the backsides of the rims and tires. You'll need to get inside the door hinge areas and around behinf the fenders. It may be necessary to remove the doors, fenders, or even the entire front clip to get all the dirt. The car might be 90% of what it was before the rain after all your effort. It will never be the same Ken, you migh just want to consider selling it and gettting a different one. Maybe if you call your insurance comapany and explain to them the unfortunate event they will consider totalling it out for you?
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Oh, man what a disaster! You've got a ton of work ahead of you yet to finish cleaning up the damage from that rain. The effort you've put in so far sounds pathetic, there is so much more to do. You'll need to put the car up on a lift, remove the wheels and powerwash the bottom to get any dirt off the undercarriage. follow up with a rag and simple green to get it back to new. There will be a bit of disassembly required up front around the wheel-houses to get the dirt off the back sides of the splash panels. clean up the backsides of the rims and tires. You'll need to get inside the door hinge areas and around behinf the fenders. It may be necessary to remove the doors, fenders, or even the entire front clip to get all the dirt. The car might be 90% of what it was before the rain after all your effort. It will never be the same Ken, you migh just want to consider selling it and gettting a different one. Maybe if you call your insurance comapany and explain to them the unfortunate event they will consider totalling it out for you?
            I'm definitely with TraceZ on this one. So much is now required to get her back to maybe half of what she was. Total value of that car has dropped by at least 50% of the original sticker price.

Time to get under there, with your toothbrush, and start cleaning every single part of your underside. I would watch out for rusting from underneath your floorboards as well. After that disaster, you could have a hole at least a foot in diameter at some points. TraceZ is also right, that whole front clip is gonna have to come off if you want all of that dirt to get out. I'd also bet that it's time for new rotors, calipers, pads, DS, rear end, tranny, oil pan, crank pulley, and quite possibly your frame as I would bet it's all rusted through. It's time to declare that car as totaled, get what you can from your insurance, and go out and buy a nice reliable ford.
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I think Ken has been drinking his coors with a shot of Z6 on the side. It will make you like that. Blazer

Comment

2 hrs. under it too.....toilet brushes........

its like ........sterile again........

bwwahahahaa

Comment

Looking good.........that first unintended "bath" is always sooooo painfull.
                  2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Reading this thread brings a Styx song comes to mind "Too much time on my hands".
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      Reading this thread brings a Styx song comes to mind "Too much time on my hands".
                      with animal (wolfdog) rescue, "too much time" is something i dont have, that and being gone from the house from 5:15 a.m. till 5:20 PM on workdays.....with the 9 hr day and commute....

do they have a song called "I make time with my hands".......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                        2 hrs. under it too.....toilet brushes........

its like ........sterile again........

bwwahahahaa

That is a beautiful end result of all your work I must say.

Lookin' good
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                        X