Help with a Z06 for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Z06 for sale

Okay, theres a z06 around the corner for sale locally. Its a 2002 z06 black with black interior. The car has 43600 miles on it, original owner, clutch was never replaced, it will need brakes, theres a dew scratches by the drivers door, a few chips on the front, drivers seat is worn, and the front right wheel is completely destroyed by curb rash. It appears to be in great shape ther than those few defects. How much would you guys offer for it, hes asking 31000 and I thought 25 grand would be a workable price. Thoughts anyone?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Originally posted by blackthunder50
    Okay, theres a z06 around the corner for sale locally. Its a 2002 z06 black with black interior. The car has 43600 miles on it, original owner, clutch was never replaced, it will need brakes, theres a dew scratches by the drivers door, a few chips on the front, drivers seat is worn, and the front right wheel is completely destroyed by curb rash. It appears to be in great shape ther than those few defects. How much would you guys offer for it, hes asking 31000 and I thought 25 grand would be a workable price. Thoughts anyone?
    Z06's hold their resale value quite well. If you manage to pick it up for $25k, you will have the deal of the century. I doubt you will be able to get him below $30k even with the wear and tear. Most of the 2002 Z's go for about $33k-36k depending on mileage and condition, so he's not far off.

Comment

He's asking a reasonable price. However, if he were motivated to sell, you may get him down. I'd find subtract the price of the replacement wheels and the cost of Durastop Ceramic pads and shoot for that price. The scratches, if not thru the clear, will buff out. The 02 is a wonderful car. I drove mine about 34,000 and loved every minute of it. I hope it works out for you.

Btw, there is a tricked out 01 with heads and cam on the Z06vette.com board for sale. I think he wants 26k for it. 3 owners and has a little paint flaws on the front nose.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Great, Thanks for the help! My dad is actually the one interested in the car and would def buy it for a little under 30. I was just wonderin if that was reasonable, and with the input I think it might happen. Thanks
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

If I ever have the money in the future I'd love to find a car like that. I'm not saying it was abused but it was driven like cars are meant to be and I wouldn't feel bad about putting the miles on it or using it for its intended purpose of mashing your head back against the seat and putting a big smile on your face.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
          X