Paging DJ TASO, or anyone that knows about the LAW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Taso
    The cops I worked with told me there are 2 people you don't give tickets to: doctors & veterans.
    Guess I'll have to get some veteran plates next time. My DL a FL liscense with a NJ address. They always ask about that and I mention I'm in the military and show them the ID. I'm always polite and respectful. Sometimes being calm will help calm down the other person too. Haven't gotten a ticket yet. [cross fingers]. Anything that helps.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Typically private property affects what would otherwise be summary offenses. Most traffic laws would fall under this. Speeding and not using turn signal are examples of summary offenses. Limo tint would likely be a summary offense. Traffic laws are under the police's jurisdiction only on public roads. Sometimes it even depends on what roads you are on. Here in PA, local cops can't patrol interstates. They have to have an agreement with the State Police to do so, and the State Police doesn't give out such agreements. Misdemeanors can usually be enforced on private property, and someone doing a burnout may not get a ticket for the burnout itself but may get nailed with something like reckless endangerment if the cop wants to press the issue. Felonies, obviously, are fair game no matter where you are.

Laws vary greatly state to state, but the above is usually what it boils down to in most areas.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

DJ Taso you have a PM.
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Working...
        X