it was a close one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was a close one

Well I was driving on the interstate at around 75mph and it flies off.....I watched it flip through the air and hit the ground flop up in the air and land in the grassy median. I do NOT know how it happened. My t-tops are always locked in, I left my doors unlocked last night and Im thinkin maybe someone unlocked them. I dunno though. It DIDNT shatter, scratch, or break at all...It had a lil bit of dirt on it and that was is...After 15 mins of walkin/drivin along the interstate I finally found it. I felt like an idiot lol standin in the median holdin my t-top :-(...I guess I can count my lucky stars on that one...

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

thats just plain amazing that it didnt break

Comment

Seriously! Usually you might find parts of it but never the whole thing intact.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

im tellin ya, this girl has luck. frist a nice set of rims and now a ttop that doesnt break?
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

You must be blessed.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

it had to land just right not to break. ....... guess it did. the worse case is it hitting another car.....

you are very lucky.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Didn't someone else here have that happen recentely? I think it was Chris. He wasn't so lucky unfortunately...
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                Didn't someone else here have that happen recentely? I think it was Chris. He wasn't so lucky unfortunately...
                I believe his outcome was "the glass completely 'vaporized'" ... lol...
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  I believe his outcome was "the glass completely 'vaporized'" ... lol...
                  Good call. I forgot about that part.

He ended up getting another top from an F-body junkyard if I remember correctly.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

yea I was very lucky...in the aspect that it didnt break completely undamaged and that it didnt hit another car..the car that was behind me jus had gotten off the interstate before it happened. Man did I ever like thank God for that one lol. My dad was with me and was like I wish I had your luck....I'll have some better pics of the rims on my car I finally finished painting all fo the calipers and rotors sunday after the t-top flew off lol

Comment

My buddy was at the track with his 2000ish WS6. He was doing around 105 mph and hello, that thing flew off and went high up into the air, and the landing? lets just say that all that was left was the weather stripping.lol.... But he still pulled off a 12.13 ET. So oh well
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Happened to me a few months ago. My top didn't survive.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...ight=unlatched

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

welp...i found something wrong w/ my t-top....the lock fell out on me...it didn't affect the t-top locking in place or anything..it was jus the piece that the key goes into to lock...i dunno..i knocked some dirt out of it today haha...anyways it looks like it can be welded back on..welp just though i'd share it :-D

Comment

I've done that before. but only once. That has to be the worse sound and the most gut wrenchin feelin there is.
                            Richard Harvey Jr.
                            '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X