2007 Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Camaro?

Don't know if ya'll seen it or not, got an old school flavor to it.
    Attached Files

That picture has been floating around for a while. GM has yet to release any photos or sketches of the new Camaro (more likely an '08 or '09 model) so that pic is just anyone's guess.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Where did you get that picture from?

Looks real nice.
      1997 Pontiac Firebird T/A WS6
      Black, stock

Comment

its done by a guy named kris horton. its pretty old. you can usually find it on i think popular hot rodding magazines webpage. i think its that mag. theres others on there that he did as well.
        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Can we make this a sticky please?

This picture is several years old, and has absolutely nothing to do with GM. Yet it seems to be posted every other month or so.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

jay is right it is posted atleast ever month not to be harsh on anyone but that way everyone knows it and doesnt post it
            1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Some guy's idea of a new Camaro. Shucks, you or I could draw a picture of what we think it will look like, too.
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

June 30th, 2009 <-- Calendar Marked
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

even if it isnt a GM concept car, it does have the flavor of the 1st gen Camaro...which would make sense given the trend towards retro styling...the last info I had read hinted that GM was looking to resurrect the Chevelle nameplate for their next performance car, which would share platforms with the next gen GTO. Then again, ideas shift like the wind in the Generals House so its anybodys guess. I seem to remember reading that Bob Lutz made the statement that there will be no Firebird as long as he works there. He said he plans to mold Pontiac into the "American BMW"

Comment

Originally posted by Fawkes6
                    He said he plans to mold Pontiac into the "American BMW"
                    I hope to God he didn't actually say that.

That would be a supreme waste of time and resources - going after the "BMW" image with Cadillac has a chance, but no way for Pontiac.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

some guys take things way to seriously
                      just a pic nothing more...
                      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                        I hope to God he didn't actually say that.

That would be a supreme waste of time and resources - going after the "BMW" image with Cadillac has a chance, but no way for Pontiac.

I'm afraid he did say it...this is part of the reason why the Grand Prix body was withdrawn from NASCAR...why the GTO is racing in GT class and why the Pontiac name was plastered on the Daytona prototype racers in the Rolex series...all places where BMW competes, or a "higher level" of racing than NASCAR...its also why the G6 got its name and why the next gen of Grand Prix is to be called the G8...which will cover both the markets slots of the GP and the now defunct Bonneville...I wouldnt be at all surprised if the proposed turbo version of the Solstice doesnt show up as the G3.

Comment

I'm afraid he did say it...this is part of the reason why the Grand Prix body was withdrawn from NASCAR...why the GTO is racing in GT class and why the Pontiac name was plastered on the Daytona prototype racers in the Rolex series...all places where BMW competes, or a "higher level" of racing than NASCAR...its also why the G6 got its name and why the next gen of Grand Prix is to be called the G8...which will cover both the markets slots of the GP and the now defunct Bonneville...I wouldnt be at all surprised if the proposed turbo version of the Solstice doesnt show up as the G3.
                          Pathetic. The G6 is SO FAR behind the 3 series, 5 series, or anything from Bavarian Motor Werks it's nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                            Pathetic. The G6 is SO FAR behind the 3 series, 5 series, or anything from Bavarian Motor Werks it's nauseating.
                            Very true... Also, the G6 is priced in a completely different category than the 3 series.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

This seems rather pointless. What do they hope to accomplish by this? Nobody who drives a BMW will give Pontiac a second look, maybe some folks who wished they had a BMW, but highly unlikely. Pontiacs were meant be mean looking muscle cars with a little more class then a get down and dirty Chevy...somthing GM is capable of doing well if the idiots in management were capable of removing their head from the enormous cave in their rear-end. It seems to me that they should combine Buick, Pontiac, and GMC while keeping the nameplates of the brands and popular cars for revival purposes. The Buicks could be the big luxury cruisers like the Roadmaster, the Pontiacs could be a sports sedan and a genuine American muscle car, and the GMCs could be the, crossovers, trucks and SUVs. All total, there would be about 4 or 5 cars, the crossover, the SUVs, and the trucks. Trying to turn Pontiac into something it is not seems less the futile.

However, this does explain a few things. A female friend of mine likes the jelly-bean GTO because in her words, "...it looks like a 'cute' little coupe that BMW would put out, but without the cost." ...all in all...even more reason to push me in the DC direction.

Additionally, the Bonneville didn't die because of the name or looks; it died because of the build quality and it became boring in comparison to the changes in the market. The build quality on my Bonneville is so poor, I don't even know where to begin...that turned a lot of people off on buying future Bonnevilles and Pontiacs in general. For a car in the 35K range, there are just better cars on the market. The Charger with the 5.7 Hemi and all the options is being sold for the same amount as the MSRP on the window sticker of my Bonneville...why would anybody choose my car if they were buying it new? ...thus, the billion plus in sales losses suffered by GM.
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X