Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hear of a Callaway Firebird?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever hear of a Callaway Firebird?

I am familiar with the Callaway Camaro and Corvette, but I never knew this car existed so I thought I would post a link to the article I found on the car here. Maybe some of you are aware of the car. The article doesn't mention how many were made but it looks like they were very expensive. Here is the link http://www.theautochannel.com/public...callaway.frame

2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

doesnt surprise me........but have not seen one. seen plenty of thier cars though...nice work.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've been to the Calloway shop. It's right here in CT (Old Lyme). It's like a Nascar garage as far as cleanliness is concerned. Everything is clean. Amazing place.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yes, I remember when they first offered it. Very rare and yes, it was expensive.

Comment

Interesting.. I wounder what they could do with the ls motors?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I think Reeves Callaway is a top notch car guru...he has consistently been able to take a factory car and give it race car performance while still keeping its comforts and reliability...I see him someday going the way of Steve Saleen and building a clean sheet of paper car all on his own (like Saleen did with the S7) and I'm sure it will be every bit as potent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawkes6
              I think Reeves Callaway is a top notch car guru...he has consistently been able to take a factory car and give it race car performance while still keeping its comforts and reliability...I see him someday going the way of Steve Saleen and building a clean sheet of paper car all on his own (like Saleen did with the S7) and I'm sure it will be every bit as potent.
              He actually did, albeit loosely. It was still based off the C5 Vette. Callaway considered the C12 a different car in itself.

Here's the C12 Roadster...

And the C12-R

It's a Corvette C5 chassis, but pretty much everything else is Callaway designed. Still, it's not nearly as original as the S7.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
              X