Wilmaaaa!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmaaaa!!!

Well, There had to be another one, and this one is comming right for me.

I'm about a 1/4" above where the center hit line hits the coast. and about 4-5 miles inland. So this might get interesting.

If this is a repost, feel free to delete it, I didn't see another post.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

yall just keep getting slammed down there, i dont know what Fla did to tick off Mother Nature, but yooose got to quit!!!!!!!!

good luck!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It's alah taking his wrath on the infidels.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'm right there with ya. I'm not on the coast, but in the path. As of this morning, now a catagory 5.

Comment

I hope the weather guessers are wrong and it misses you folks. This sure has been an awfull season......so much damage, death and suffering.
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Wilma just blew up

Wilma - barely a hurricane at all yesterday - is now the most intense hurricane ever on record in the Atlantic basin. It's a category 5 storm overnight with sustained winds of 175 mph.

From the Weather Channel online - "It's been confirmed: Hurricane Wilma, with a pressure of 882 mb, is the most intense hurricane on record in the Atlantic Basin. Wilma, after undergoing a stunning intensifcation overnight, is now a catastrophic Category 5 hurricane packing sustained winds of 175 mph. The eye of the violent storm is now following a wobbling WNW track through the western Caribbean with a turn toward the NW expected within the next 24 hours.

Fluctuations in intensity are likely, but Wilma is forecast to remain an extremely dangerous Category 5 hurricane through Thursday. The projected track of the storm takes it through the Yucatan Channel into the extreme southern Gulf of Mexico Friday night. After that, Wilma is expected to come under the influence of westerly winds aloft blowing across the Gulf. That should hurl the hurricane toward the Florida Peninsula, probably the southern part of the peninsula, this weekend. Wilma is expected to be weakening by then, but weakening is a relative term and Wilma may still be a major hurricane (winds over 110 mph) when it makes landfall."

So - 2005 has had 3 of the 4 most intense hurricanes ever on record. Wow.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

yall get the h#ll out of there.........now.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

May as well merge my thread... i was being a n00b and didn't see this one...

Wilma's now a Cat5 with sustained winds of 175mph.

Just in time for my mom and her boyfriend to head down to Fort Myers...
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Well, the projected path is now about 30 miles south of me. That means once again, I get the eyewall.

Comment

Wilma has a very small eye that is fluctuating between 2 nm and 4 nm across
                    looks like the eye would have to be darned accurate to get you... that is the smallest eye I've ever heard of ... and I've been through 20+ hurricanes, torpical storms, depresions,

here is a cool site http://www.thestormtrack.com/
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

I am considering flying my mom up here to northern virginia.
                      Good luck to you Joe.. Are you staying or riding it out?
                      96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I don't know about Joe, but I'm pretty sure I'm stayin here. On that picture you have there, I'm right where the green line hits the west coast of FL.
                        Richard Harvey Jr.
                        '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I'm riding it out. With what I spent on upgraded roofing materials, I should be fine. I'm located just above the green line that crosses the big lake in South Florida. If I were on the coast, I would be getting the heck out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            I'm riding it out. With what I spent on upgraded roofing materials, I should be fine. I'm located just above the green line that crosses the big lake in South Florida. If I were on the coast, I would be getting the heck out of there.
                            Joe, if that thing remains a CAT 4 or 5 when it gets close to you, you really ought to get the heck out of dodge. No shame in tucking tail from a monster like that.

Maybe you can get a hotel just for the night for your son and you to stay. Maybe North Florida somewhere.

Comment

whats the latest on the projected path of willma? as some close friends of mine from the car club i belong to have just arived in orlando and i am a little worried for them as well as joe and any other members in florida and the surounding states at risk
                              http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                              C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                              mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Working...
                              X