atten 2nd gen owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atten 2nd gen owners

might be pickin up a clean driver 79 z28. 350 auto, silver with blue decals, 97K on it, interior is 3 outta 10, body looks to be a 7 outta 10. i just need ur input as to what to look out for, where rust is mostly likey to be(its a hard top car also). and also if i do get this car, what is gonna be my best source for interior parts? thanks guys
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Trunk rot. Many of the 2nd generation cars that I've seen develop water leaks in the trunk area and it rusts out the trunk floor and rear quarters. Aside from that, crappy brakes and interior parts that crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Trunk rot. Many of the 2nd generation cars that I've seen develop water leaks in the trunk area and it rusts out the trunk floor and rear quarters. Aside from that, crappy brakes and interior parts that crack.
      Joe hit the target with the trunk rot. Between my Brother (5) and myself (2), we've had seven 2nd gen Camaros. The trunk pan was rotted in four of them, and heavily rusted in two others. Only one was completely clean.

One other thing to look for is rot on the inside part of the door, right along the bottom edge. Water tends to sit there if the car is parked a certain way for long periods of time.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

saw it today, needs a lowe portion of fender, bottom of drivers door is starting to let go, passenger floor has a hole size of a boncy ball, and the trunk has a pin hole by the wheel well. the inside of there rear 1/4s and rear frame was solid
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X