quote of the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quote of the year

i had to show you this from another forum in the uk one of the members has it as there signature

Never argue with an idiot, because they will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

hahahaha good one

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

hahahaha too good and true
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Pricelss, have to used it at work.
        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
          Never argue with an idiot, because they will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience
          Never argue with idiots, because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Correcting spelling and English. Don't argue with Me!

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
            Never argue with idiots, because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Correcting spelling and English. Don't argue with Me!

Bob
            Psst..... puntuation correction.......lose the comma and end with a period.

Never argue with idiots because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Really? Now I thought the comma signifies a pause, therefore, it should be inserted between "idiots" and "because" as the OP has it. The comma is one of the most highly debated puncuations in the English language. It can all depend on how the writer wants the sentence read.

A simple quote turns into an English writing-style debate. Gotta love this forum!
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                Really? Now I thought the comma signifies a pause, therefore, it should be inserted between "idiots" and "because" as the OP has it. The comma is one of the most highly debated puncuations in the English language. It can all depend on how the writer wants the sentence read.

A simple quote turns into an English writing-style debate. Gotta love this forum!
                yeah, it is kinda funny....... but my understanding would be that the comma would be used if the word "because" were omitted. ie:
                Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Then again, the way the English language has gone in the last decade it would likely read: Don't argue with idiotz cuz dey would beat you down wit experance. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  yeah, it is kinda funny....... but my understanding would be that the comma would be used if the word "because" were omitted. ie:
                  Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Then again, the way the English language has gone in the last decade it would likely read: Don't argue with idiotz cuz dey would beat you down wit experance. lol.
                  Great point, Joe. "Because" can be used in place of the comma. Again, this all depends on the writer's perception of the sentence structure. If it were me using your "because" omittance example, I would have used a period after "idiots". I don't believe either way is incorrect.

Also, on your last example of modern English, you failed to insert "yo" after the word "idiotz".
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                    Also, on your last example of modern English, you failed to insert "yo" after the word "idiotz".
                    I stand corrected.

Comment

aggggggg help you are confusing me english was never my greatest subject any way my moto if it looks right it is right
                      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

From english class at college it should be

Never argue with idiots they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

and is a conjuction thingy so it gets a comma in front of it
                        there is no reason for a comma in never argue with idiots they will bring you down to their level

unless u add a conjuction like or

so it could be

Never argue with idiots, or they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Might be wrong but i think its right and on that note i have to head to english class
                        1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Originally posted by DierDesire824
                          Might be wrong
                          Yup, you're right on that account.

Comment

Check it, bleed! Bro is ON! Didn't trip! You folks is freakin, man I aint lyin!
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:
                            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
                              Just to be totally obnoxious, if you did it without the because, you have to use a semicolon ; instead of a comma because it's two clauses (two sets of subjects and verbs) with no conjunction. If you want to use a comma, you have to have a conjunction, otherwise the semicolon acts as comma and conjunction.

"And" only gets a comma in front of it if it is connecting another complete clause (second subject and verb), i.e. "Never argue with idiots, or they will...", or if it being used in a list of three or more. In the original quote, there CAN BE a comma in front of because. You don't need one, but technically you can add as many as you want to make the sentence read differently, but you can't take them away.

I aced english.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                              1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Working...
                              X