Ah.... cool air has arrived!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah.... cool air has arrived!

Dang, what a difference cool air makes. Just something as simple as 50º ambient makes all the difference in the world. Yikes.... the 93Z's 1st gear is about useless.

u should chane ur sig to Crazy Joe's Used Cars Lot

i gotta do a clutch in mine
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Dang, what a difference cool air makes. Just something as simple as 50º ambient makes all the difference in the world. Yikes.... the 93Z's 1st gear is about useless.
      I've noticed the same thing. First gear is all rubber. I wish my car felt this strong in the hot months.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I needa get some new tires cause it feels so strong these tires are getting old
        1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Kinda sucks when you have to feather 1st...while you're already moving lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Even the V6 feels peppy.

Comment

Even the V6 feels peppy.
              thats it folks..........he's over the edge........

somebody call his doctor.........he needs meds.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our ambient is down to 40's now... just happend... I have not driven the gto yet in it........ but im sure when I do........its going to be pretty narwly!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

.. it's spelled gnarly. I heard Orlando was in the 40's at night and the 60's, near 70 during the day. Low humidity as well. Best time of the year there I need better traction to notice the extra pep from the cold weather
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                  thats it folks..........he's over the edge........

somebody call his doctor.........he needs meds.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  No thanks, I've got plenty. As long as I don't double up on the doses, I can still drive. Can't figure out where 6th gear is on the 5 speed though. I thought is was there somewhere. Hmmmm maybe a nap will help.

Comment

Yeah, it was 32.5 the other morning here in NJ. 35 this morning and supposed to be cooler tonight. I'm glad I took my boat out of the water for the season 2 weeks ago when it was still 75 degrees!
                    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
                    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
                    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

I drove the T/A into work this morning, and it was in the mid 30's. I was pulling 2nd gear starts most of the way in.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

It was 14* C(57.2*F) on my way to work this morning and I live way way up in Canada. Heck it was 19*C two days ago. Of copurse it was also -14*C(6.8*F) yesterday morning too... you guys dont even know cold. I've had to work in -52*C(-61.6*F) and it regularaly gets down to -30 to -40 here during the winter.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                        6.2L/382.97 ci
                        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                        WCT-5 speed
                        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                        Boss MS 18" Rims
                        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                        Custom Dual exhaust
                        1LE upgrade
                        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                          you guys dont even know cold. I've had to work in -52*C(-61.6*F) and it regularaly gets down to -30 to -40 here during the winter.
                          I gotta tell ya, that's just plain nuts. I can't imagine living in an area that is colder than my freezer.

Comment

I gotta tell ya, that's just plain nuts. I can't imagine living in an area that is colder than my freezer.
                            Ahhh its only for 4-6 months of the year In the summer it gets to 35* to 40*(95* to 104*)

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                            6.2L/382.97 ci
                            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                            WCT-5 speed
                            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                            Boss MS 18" Rims
                            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                            Custom Dual exhaust
                            1LE upgrade
                            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                              Ahhh its only for 4-6 months of the year In the summer it gets to 35* to 40*(95* to 104*)
                              Sounds about like Michigan except we dont see that low of temps...We may dabble a little in the negatives.
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                              X