project carbed 4th gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project carbed 4th gen

My first f body project is coming along good and I thought I would try and post a couple pictures of the progress. I got the car for $700 with no motor and no trans, but the interior and body are in great shape and it came with 17x9.5 ZR1 wheels, eibach springs, and a adj. pan hard bar. I have stripped and cleaned the engine bay and painted it with PPG DP90. Then I installed the 406 I built that sports a forged bottom end, dart heads, roller rockers, comp cams extreme energy cam with 224in 230exh duration @.050, edelbrock performer RPM intake, a speed demon 750cfm carb, and is backed by a built 700R4. I have also installed energy suspesion bushings, a bmr fab K-member, bmr fab boxed subframe connectors, and bmr fab tranny x-member. Curently I am working on wiring up the ignition that is made up of a MSD crank trigger, a 6AL box, and a blaster ss coil.

1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Very nice. It looks alot like my car. Same color, same wheels. You know that color is very rare. Was it an original V8 car?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'm sorry but I'm calling complete BS on this. There is no way that an fbody has the much room in the engine bay, not even a v6 .

Looks like a very nice project especially since its missing an opti lol. Keep us posted on how its going and some #'s when you get it done.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Yes TraceZ it was an original V8 car, and yes there is that much room for now, but I still have to put in the radiator and all the accessories on the motor so all that space will be used.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why my post was moved. I dont understand what that means(where was it moved to) and why it was moved. Did I post something that I shouldnt have?

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
            Can someone please explain to me why my post was moved. I dont understand what that means(where was it moved to) and why it was moved. Did I post something that I shouldnt have?
            I was wondering that myself. It is not really off topic, because it is definitely f-body related, yet is does not ask any specific technical questions. Perhaps it was moved to the off topic forum for that reason? That would somewhat make sense.

In any event, dont be offended by the move. Our moderators here are just doing there job, and they do it very well.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The post was moved to the non tech question forum. The tech question forum is best left for specific threads requesting tech help. You didn't post anything wrong, but because you really weren't asking specifically for any tech help, the thread was moved.

Comment

Ahh ok I understand, no problem, ill know better next time.

Comment

Ahh ok I understand, no problem, ill know better next time.
                  No big deal broh, we're all one big happy family. The reason the forum was split was by popular demand. The tech questions and non tech stuff being together was evidently too distracting for some so we split them. by the way, that's a nice project. Can't wait to see how it runs.

Comment

Looks like a nice little project! How much power are you anticipating out of it?

Comment

Really I dont have a clue what its going to make. Maybe someone on here has a dyno sim program who could run some numbers for me? I think 450 at the crank would be a fairly safe guess.

Comment

Really I dont have a clue what its going to make. Maybe someone on here has a dyno sim program who could run some numbers for me? I think 450 at the crank would be a fairly safe guess.
                        I have one that is fairly accurate for carbed SBC/BBC motors. Send me all the specs you can to kgrubbs@satx.rr.com

It helps if you know such things as complete cam specs(IVC, EVO, ICL, LSA, etc.), head flow, port velocity, valve sizes, deck height, piston volume, head gasket compressed thickness, gasket bore, etc., etc.. The more specifics the more accurate.

Comment

I also have a dyno sim. Send the specs to ewymenga@telus.net and Ill do a Pull

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                          6.2L/382.97 ci
                          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                          WCT-5 speed
                          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                          Boss MS 18" Rims
                          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                          Custom Dual exhaust
                          1LE upgrade
                          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I forgot the specs at work 94z/28, can you re send the specs?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                            6.2L/382.97 ci
                            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                            WCT-5 speed
                            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                            Boss MS 18" Rims
                            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                            Custom Dual exhaust
                            1LE upgrade
                            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror