Shutting down internet trolls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting down internet trolls

I gotta tell you guys a funny one. You know since the change over to the new format, the board is set up so that an admin must validate a registration and an e-mail is sent for confirmation before someone can post. This is mainly to stop spammers, but occationally people will try to register that are just trouble for a place to grow. Well, we declined a registration and the person was sent an e-mail stating such. I received a nasty e-mail from the guy, I just have to share it for laughs.....It starts with the e-mail declining the registration and below that is his reply.

>From: "F-Body Message Board Forums" <joeb1320@yahoo.com>
    >To: nomad351c@xxxxxxx.com
    >Subject: Account removed at F-Body Message Board!
    >Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:55:57 -0500
    >
    >Dear (A) SS WHIPER,
    >
    >Unfortunately your registration at F-Body Message Board did not meet
    our
    >membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
    >
    >Sorry,
    >F-Body Message Board team

His email:

why? WTF Thats OK the web site sucked any way. I'm staying with ls1
    tech
    way better! L8R Looser.

Tell me that this wasn't somone just looking to start trouble.

So I sent him an e-mail back suggesting that maybe staying with LS1 tech was a great idea.

Cheers, and rock on guys!

joe, if the email address you sent that too is what stated in that post, it's obviously a mustang guy looking for trouble (351c).
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

ok, that person was up to no good. Look at the bright side, at least he wasn't trying to sell you the skin whitening pills
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        joe, if the email address you sent that too is what stated in that post, it's obviously a mustang guy looking for trouble (351c).
        No doubt..... what got my attention first was the user name. (A) SS Whiper? That in itself is a bait. Then when I saw the email ( which I actually modified the host to xxxxx as to prevent anything from further spreading, we don't really want anyone sending him nasty e-mails either.) I was pretty sure this was just a trouble maker. It was further verified once he sent me that stupid response.

Comment

Definitely looking for trouble. It just goes to show you what kind of people are allowed to post on other sites. Nice work, Joe. Good response.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X